Scholar's Program to Washington, D.C.
The Asian Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer this program to students enrolled at the University of Colorado, Denver or the University of Denver for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Ideal for undergraduates with an interest serving in public or legislative policy work, or who would like to explore internship opportunities in the nation’s capital. Selected students will accompany the President/CEO of the Asian Chamber of Commerce to Washington, D.C. This visit may include meetings with members of Congress, members of various Federal agencies and the White House. Opportunities to visit Smithsonian museums and other policy-based organizations, time permitting.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, “ACC Scholars Program” awards will be made in the amount of $1,250 to help defer the cost of air fare and hotel accommodations. Student will be responsible for meals and incidentals.
In order to qualify for these funds and potentially receive a scholarship, the student candidate must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be working on your first Bachelor’s degree;
- Be considered a Colorado resident for tuition purposes;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher at CU Denver or DU; and
- Have a social security number (for U.S. Secret Service background checks).
- Meeting minimum qualifications does NOT guarantee you will be offered one of these awards.
- To apply for this scholarship, please submit the following documents in PDF format.
- Full legal name, mailing address, phone number, email address.
- Essay of no more than 2000 words describing your career goals and how this scholarship may impact those goals.
- Copy of your current resume.
- Copy of your current unofficial transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from CU Denver or DU faculty or staff.
- Signed and notarized documents included in this application package.
Please submit your complete application package by email to: President@ACCColorado.org. Include “ACC Scholars Program to Washington D.C.” in the subject line. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN MAY 31, 2017.
Date: August 31 - September 3, 2017
Application deadline: May 31, 2017
Note: Your full legal name and social security number will be required for Secret Service background checks into select Federal Buildings.
Application Download [PDF]