Scholar's Program to Washington, D.C.
"I believe this was a wonderful personal experience and I already see how it is helping me within my education and career. With who I met and what I learned I would strongly recommend this program to anyone whom is looking at politics, public policy, or social advocacy as a future goal. I think often we are only able to think of things in abstracts and it is empowering to have a more hands-on learning experience."
The Asian Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer this program to students enrolled at the University of Colorado, Denver, Red Rocks Community College, Arapahoe Community College , MSU Denver and Community College of Denver.
Ideal for undergraduates with an interest serving in public or legislative policy work, or who would like to explore internship opportunities in the nation’s capital. Selected students will accompany the President/CEO of the Asian Chamber of Commerce to Washington, D.C. This visit may include meetings with members of Congress, members of various Federal agencies and the White House. Opportunities to visit Smithsonian museums and other policy-based organizations, time permitting.
“ACC Scholars Program” awards will be made to help defer the cost of air fare and hotel accommodations. Student are responsible for meals and incidentals.
In order to qualify for these funds and potentially receive a scholarship, the student candidate must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be working on your first Bachelor’s degree.
- Be considered a Colorado resident for tuition purposes.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Have a social security number (for U.S. Secret Service background checks).
- Meeting minimum qualifications does NOT guarantee you will be offered one of these awards.
- To apply for this scholarship, please submit the following documents in PDF format.
- Full legal name, mailing address, phone number, email address.
- Essay of no more than 1000 words describing your career goals and how this scholarship may impact those goals.
- Copy of your current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Copy of your current unofficial transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty or staff.
Please submit your complete application package by email to: President@ACCColorado.org. Include “ACC Scholars Program to Washington D.C.” in the subject line. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN MARCH 29, 2019.
Est. Dates: June 2, 2018 -June 6, 2019
Application deadline: March 29, 2019
Note: Your full legal name and social security number will be required for Secret Service background checks into select Federal Buildings.