This is a limited-term position with an expected end date of October 2024. This date may be extended.
Under direct supervision, perform installation and maintenance of plumbing in residential and light commercial sites. Train and supervise apprentice plumbers.
This position has informal supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain, replace, and repair all types of plumbing and plumbing fixtures.
- Train and supervise apprentice plumbers across multiple locations. Ensure apprentices are producing work of acceptable quality in accordance with relevant plumbing codes. Maintain tools and equipment in proper condition by cleaning them as needed.
- Assist with ordering and scheduling material, and projects involving shops.
- Utilize computer software documents and work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Adhere to National Plumbing Codes and other state and local codes as required.
- Perform related work as required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience.
- Any equivalent combination of certifications, education, or experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities for the position.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
- Must possess a Colorado State Residential Plumbing License at time of hire.
- May be required to complete an Asbestos Awareness Training once hired.
- Must be able to possess and maintain a valid Class ‘R’ Colorado driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
This Limited-term appointment is within the competitive service. Limited-term regular employees have the same rights and privileges and are subject to the same requirements under the Personnel Policies as regular employees. Limited-term appointments are used to fill positions for projects that are expected to take two or more years for completion, but which are clearly not continuing in nature and will terminate upon completion of the work. Denver Water also reserves the right to terminate the position if the Limited-term employee's role on the project is completed or it is determined that there is no longer a need for the position on the project.
Individuals who are selected for Limited-term employment with Denver Water will be appointed for a pre-determined period of time depending on project needs, but that period may be shortened or extended depending on project needs. A limited-term appointment will end when the employee's role on a project is completed or it is determined there is no longer a need for the limited-term position on the project.
The first six months of employment for a Limited-term employee is an introductory period. During this period, your employment can be terminated at any time, and are entitled to the same limited protection and procedures provided to introductory employees.
$26.52 - $32.41 per hour
$23.03 - $35.91 per hour