The Denver Museum of Nature 7 Science is known for creating memorable events for its members and guests. We anticipate that this year we will offer 50+ events which will occur in-person, virtual or hybrid.
We are looking for an Event Producer who dreams of creating meaningful experiences for people. Do you love the energy of event production? Do you have a passion for nature & science? Are you poised to become the next Event Producer for the Museum?
We are looking for a key contributor who will work hand in hand with the Development and Marketing teams to ensure our events are in alignment with the Museum’s mission to positively influence and advance our relationships with our community.
- Owns and leads the development and management of a robust event production for approximately 50 annual events.
- Works in collaboration and partnership with staff, Museum Trustees and other major donors.
- Brings the event purpose to life by creating a strategy and vision that supports the goals of each event.
- Ensures all events are successful in achieving experiential, engagement and fundraising goals as well as managing event to budget.
- Coordinates and plans event logistics to include key dates, services needed and budget guidelines. Ensures work assignments have been provided to supporting staff, requests volunteer support, and ensures ongoing communication to internal teams providing services.
- Reviews budget status, reports significant variances, and updates financial forecast quarterly.
- Researches and identifies external vendors, contractors and service providers who offer quality and competitively priced services and drafts. Negotiates agreements to procure services through contracts.
- Partners with supporting staff to ensure the maintenance and tracking of event data is ready when needed for reporting purposes internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 years’ experience planning and implementing large (over 200 participants), complex events required.
- 1 years’ experience managing event teams (staff, volunteers, vendors) required.
- 1 years’ experience working with event management databases and/or customer relationship management systems required.
- Frequent evening and weekend work is required.
- Some local travel to meet with vendors, procure event supplies is required.
- Intermediate proficiency with web enabled applications required.
Ideal candidate has…
- A passion for creating memorable experiences that people talk about afterwards.
- Strong project management skills.
- Stays calm in a whirlwind of activity.
- Attention to detail, but knows how to have fun.
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, and the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Perks and Benefits of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. 100% paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Paid time-off for vacation, sickness and holidays. 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility to contribute and, after one year of employment, an employer contribution and match. An RTD Eco pass and a free Family+ membership to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
The full range of perks and benefits can be found HERE.
Resumes must be submitted by Sunday, April 18, 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately. DMNS reserves the right to close the position prior to this date.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.