IT Support Manager
Z Casinos & Maverick Gaming™ is dedicated to creating the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of player and currently owns and operates a portfolio of 27 properties across Nevada, Washington and Colorado with a total of 1800 slot machines, 350 table games, 1020 hotel rooms and 30 restaurants.
Maverick Gaming’s IT Support Manager – Colorado is responsible for the oversight of the day to day operations of the IT services and technical support resources within the state of Colorado. Must be 21 years of age or older.
How You'll Succeed
In this role you will:
- Distribute workload to technical support team; manage schedules and workflows within the region.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Hire, train, motivate, and develop regional technical support staff; monitor and review performance.
- Assist Senior IT leadership with developing, updating, implementing, and enforcing IT policies and procedures within the region.
- Actively participate with Casino and Corporate leadership teams to drive change and ensure service performance of regional IT staff and systems.
- Understand and promote awareness & adopt leveraged applications and services.
- Create and/or update instructional guides or documentation for general staff and IT and facilitate knowledge-based development.
- Successfully implement capital projects as the regional IT resource manager.
- Monitor core technology systems, ensure minimum down time.
- Build vendor relationships and regional responsibility for vendor audits (ex: licensing).
- Gain buy-in for IT roadmap at the local sites.
- Lead regional IT resources, including leadership of IT employees in Maverick Gaming service delivery.
- Manage internal and 3rd party infrastructure resources for delivery of critical site services.
- Research and evaluate new hardware and software in coordination with Corporate IT leadership; recommend budgets and coordinate regional equipment purchases.
- Lead IT team and execute against strategies, while working on and helping to drive long-term value for the region.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous IT experience and knowledge that includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field, and 5+ years related experience, or solid 8+ years of proven results in similar roles.
- ITSM and Microsoft Certifications preferred, Network and Security Certifications a plus.
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience leading teams.
- Experience working within highly regulated, 24/7 operation, casino experience a plus.
- Experience gathering customer ideas/requirements and translating into effective solutions.
- Experience administering Office365, asset management solutions, and ticketing.
- Ability to obtain a Colorado State Gaming License.
- Strong Leadership skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and teaching skills.
- Ability to challenge the status quo of how work has always been done.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Ability to make decisions quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to make complex information accessible.
- Understanding of ITIL approach, principles, and processes.
- Broad understanding of IT technologies and business considerations.
- Understanding of Microsoft operating system, routing and telecommunications, enterprise storage systems, and data center operations.
- Good working knowledge of an ITSM tool (ServiceNow is a plus).
Pay: $75,000 - $85,000 a year