DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $59,355 - $71,923
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for the security systems and operations of data network related equipment. This includes monitoring, detecting, programming and remediating issues. Serve as a backup to the Security Systems Admin II.
- Maintains security and network devices throughout the district. This includes monitoring, training, troubleshooting.
- Significant experience with security systems.
- Installs security equipment on-site, testing system for functionality with all necessary software applications.
- Resolve all reported trouble tickets.
- Off-Shift and on-call as required outside of normal business hours to include nights and weekends potentially.
- Understand IP device management and protocols.
- Perform regular maintenance to all security systems used by DPS.
- Maintain accurate logs and records and other required documentation for all activities and tasks performed.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for security system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, security server resources, VMS servers, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Three (3) years previous security systems experience required.
- Prior safety or security experience in a multi-site school environment, preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with Google Suite with emphasis in Sheets, Forms, and Docs as well as Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Open Options, DNA Fusion preferred.
- Experience serving as the subject matter expert for security systems.
- Experience providing project leadership is preferred.
- Experience with Video Insight preferred.
- Ability to establish a working relationship with vendors while ensuring the District’ best interests are preserved.
- Negotiation skills to resolve district/vendor differences.
- Aptitude to oversee vendor responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of management and the end-user community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Temperament to work under pressure and maintain effective working relationships with clients, fellow employees, other departments and outside contractors.
- Working knowledge of data processing equipment, systems and techniques for data networks.
- Have and maintain a valid motor vehicle license.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
The mission of the DPS Department of Technology Services (DoTS) is to be a proactive partner enabling the success of every child. We support the students, families, and staff of Denver Public Schools by providing the infrastructure, tools, data, and support to enable effective educators and efficient operations. Our leading-edge technology work includes delivering custom portals for our students, parents, teachers, and administrators, managing one of the largest networks in the state of Colorado, providing unparalleled levels of customer support, finding new ways to get technology in the hands of our students, and much more. We believe that technology is a positive, enabling force for parent engagement, student engagement, educator effectiveness, operational efficiency, student safety, and student achievement. By joining us, you too will be enabling the success of every child!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.