DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (DOTS)
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $44,300 - $53,856
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Supports operations through practical application of knowledge, use of proven techniques, and adherence to procedures. Primary focus on execution of assigned tasks in a specific area of responsibility, with a technical emphasis; such as; equipment, machinery, or scientific/chemical.
This position is responsible for providing one-to-one schools excellent service and keeping all of their Chromebooks in working order so that students always have access to digital learning. This position does this by repairing, maintaining, imaging, troubleshooting, and updating Chromebooks at one-to-one schools. This position is also responsible for making frequent visits to one-to-one schools, both scheduled and requested, in order to troubleshoot problems on site, pick up damaged Chromebooks, and deliver repaired Chromebooks. Models DPS’s Core Values: Students First, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity, and Fun.
- Performs hands-on tasks applying proven industry standards and techniques, while adherence to policies, procedures, or guidelines in the area of responsibility. Installs, tests, analyzes, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains, related equipment in order to support short-term operations and minimize downtime.
- Performs data entry and verification, keeps accurate files/records, creates detailed reports, using various existing systems for accurate, timely, and compliant records.
- Receives, understands, and disseminates information in subject matter to appropriate stakeholders. Diagnoses problems and aids in resolving technical issues and escalates appropriately to ensure a positive experience.
- Contributes to identifying process inefficiencies and proposes solutions, identifies opportunities through external research on trends in resources, programs, and services and internal research with stakeholders, and supports improvement efforts in order to support long-term operations and minimize downtime.
- Make regular scheduled visits to one-to-one schools as well as requested visits to address issues with Chromebooks, pick up damaged Chromebooks, and deliver repaired Chromebooks.
- Service and repair Chromebooks in accordance with warranty standards and industry best-practices.
- Monitor schools’ spare pool levels and ensure that schools have sufficient supplies to address student needs.
- Provide support and training for School Technology Representative or School Technology Partner to help them troubleshoot and service Chromebooks when possible.
- Develop and refine systems and workflow for repair and cleaning of devices.
- Utilize and develop process within an asset tracking system to track Chromebooks and peripherals distributed to students and staff.
- Troubleshoot issues remotely and on-site for Chromebooks, wireless hot spots, and asset tracking software.
- Report data and trends and provide analysis on Chromebook distribution and repair rates.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Three (3) to four (4) years of experience in an education related position with duties in computer management, asset tracking, computer repair and troubleshooting, and customer service.
- Valid driver's license, appropriate insurance coverage, and an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
- The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with district and school leaders, faculty, staff and students.
- Work collaboratively with others on a team.
- Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to promote healthy and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Sheets, and Docs).
- Willingness and ability to travel to sites throughout the District.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
The mission of the DPS Department of Technology Services (DoTS) is to be a proactive partner enabling the success of every child. We support the students, families, and staff of Denver Public Schools by providing the infrastructure, tools, data, and support to enable effective educators and efficient operations. Our leading-edge technology work includes delivering custom portals for our students, parents, teachers, and administrators, managing one of the largest networks in the state of Colorado, providing unparalleled levels of customer support, finding new ways to get technology in the hands of our students, and much more. We believe that technology is a positive, enabling force for parent engagement, student engagement, educator effectiveness, operational efficiency, student safety, and student achievement. By joining us, you too will be enabling the success of every child!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.