DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (DOTS)
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $68,683- $83,116
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for the security and operations of data network and information systems. This includes monitoring, detecting, and remediating threats. Expected to provide subject matter expert level of service to address the confidentiality, integrity and availability to the daily operation of DPS network.
- Demonstrate the DPS Shared Core Values and hold colleagues accountable for doing the same.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand skills in cyber threat hunting, incident response, and risk assessment.
- Participate and lead coaching sessions for the Security Operations team on improving incident detection and response skills.
- Display creativity and ingenuity in monitoring security information sources to detect abnormal traffic and potential breaches.
- Identify and recommend improvements to the district's computer incident response playbook.
- Demonstrate awareness of how information security protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of student data and the DPS network.
- Demonstrate efficient problem solving skills in monitoring security information sources to identify risks, threats, and evidence of potential incidents.
- Interact with field services, system administrators, vendor TACs to detect, contain, eradicate and remidiate threats to DPS systems.
- Maintain and produce metrics of information security events, breaches, and incidents and recommend areas of improvement.
- Promote the growth of others by sharing knowledge and expertise.
- Demonstrate empathy and conflict resolution to build trust among the Security Operations team and others in DPS.
- Recognize the contribution of teammates and others.
- Actively listen to diverse points of view and demonstrate respect of all individuals.
- Participate in Security Awareness Trainings for many audiences including central admin staff, educators, students, and parents.
- Participate in community user groups to share cyber threat intelligence and tips and tricks.
- Other Duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in Information security and system administration.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Desired.
- CompTIA Security+ Desired.
- Experience in the analysis of malware, tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and Advanced Persistent Threats.
- Experience maintaining and operating Palo Alto Network firewalls and other Intrusion Prevention Systems.
- Knowledge of networking protocols, Internet applications, and next generation firewall technologies.
- Experience interpreting computer security intelligence sources and creating Indicators of Compromise.
- Perform forensic analysis of computer systems for both intrusion detection and computer misuse.
- Familiarity with Python, Power Shell and other scripting languages.
- Experience with the risk identification and threat scoring of enterprise assets and applications.
- Write and update technical documentation to describe information security procedures.
- Maintain and operate network security devices across the district at multiple locations.
- Resolve all reported trouble tickets.
- Off-Shift and on-call as required outside of normal business hours to include nights and weekends potentially.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Information Security is preferred.
The mission of the DPS Department of Technology Services (DoTS) is to be a proactive partner enabling the success of every child. We support the students, families, and staff of Denver Public Schools by providing the infrastructure, tools, data, and support to enable effective educators and efficient operations. Our leading-edge technology work includes delivering custom portals for our students, parents, teachers, and administrators, managing one of the largest networks in the state of Colorado, providing unparalleled levels of customer support, finding new ways to get technology in the hands of our students, and much more. We believe that technology is a positive, enabling force for parent engagement, student engagement, educator effectiveness, operational efficiency, student safety, and student achievement. By joining us, you too will be enabling the success of every child!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.