DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (DOTS)
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $88,799- $111,000
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Provide district-wide leadership in Incident Response, Computer Security Threat Hunting, Malware Analysis and Hands-on Vulnerability Assessments. Provide leadership and guidance on updating and maintaining the district incident response playbook. Lead and conduct forensics of computer security incidents to determine root cause analysis of events and develop Indicators of Compromise for mitigation of future risks. Provide leadership and guidance on district security and event monitoring tools. Provide expertise and training to Security Operations staff for detecting computer security threats and risks and responding to computer security incidents.
- Develop strategies for streamlining, updating, and maintaining the district's computer security incident response playbook.
- Develop procedures for interpreting and prioritizing Cyber Threat Intelligence feeds to create Indicators of Compromise.
- Develop strategies for building out Security Information and Event Management capabilities for the district.
- Develop risk assessment score of Enterprise applications and assets to assign a Threat Risk profile for the district.
- Develop metrics for reporting computer security metrics and incident reporting.
- Develop vulnerability assessment and penetration testing procedures of enterprise applications and assets.
- Develop procedures for tracking and handling incidents and breaches for the Security Operations team.
- Develop guidelines and procedures for hardening of enterprise applications and assets.
- Mentor and review work of Security Operations team members.
- Brings positivity and optimism to interactions with others.
- Design training scenarios to expand the threat hunting skills of the Security Operations team.
- Design security monitoring tools and capabilities for the district and Security Operations team within a limited operational budget.
- Design Security Awareness Training for many audiences including central admin staff, educators, students, and parent.
- Participate in community user groups to share cyber threat intelligence and tips and tricks.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in Information Security, Network Administration.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is preferred.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) is preferred.
- Experience designing, maintaining, and coordinating the computer security incident response play book.
- Experience in the analysis of malware, tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and Advanced Persistent Threats.
- Experience performing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing of enterprise environments.
- Experience with the risk identification and threat scoring of enterprise assets and applications.
- Experience designing and leading red team/blue team training scenarios.
- Experience interpreting computer security intelligence sources and creating Indicators of Compromise.
- Experience designing and maintaining computer security metrics.
- Knowledge of networking, Internet application protocols, and next generation firewall technologies.
- Familiarity with Python, Power Shell and other scripting languages.
- Experience developing hardening guidelines for system administrators and support staff.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and comfort presenting to management and other non-technical staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Information Security.
The mission of the DPS Department of Technology Services (DoTS) is to be a proactive partner enabling the success of every child. We support the students, families, and staff of Denver Public Schools by providing the infrastructure, tools, data, and support to enable effective educators and efficient operations. Our leading-edge technology work includes delivering custom portals for our students, parents, teachers, and administrators, managing one of the largest networks in the state of Colorado, providing unparalleled levels of customer support, finding new ways to get technology in the hands of our students, and much more. We believe that technology is a positive, enabling force for parent engagement, student engagement, educator effectiveness, operational efficiency, student safety, and student achievement. By joining us, you too will be enabling the success of every child!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.