DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (DOTS)
235 work days
Salary Range: $59,355- $71,923
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, create, maintain and deliver DoTS enterprise-system, technical training programs. This position will employ the use of virtual, video course, and instructor-led delivery options and is responsible for all supporting documentation including required certifications and training evaluations. This person will be responsible for creating and maintaining the training intake process and complete training assessments to develop project training plans. This person will work in a team environment and fulfill both a lead position and support role dependent on the project.
- Design and modify an in-depth staff development training strategy for district employees supporting all of DoTS project, initiatives and operational functions.
- Implement and deliver staff development sessions in partnership with the business owners for district employees related to systems requiring skills based certifications and/or use of other district technology systems.
- Develop courses and training documentation in a variety of ways to address different learning styles and best practices for adult training.
- Design and Implement virtual learning systems according to industry best practices and utilizing district-sponsored learning management systems.
- Maintain all training documentation (i.e., user manuals, quick reference guides, videos and eLearning modules) to ensure they are up to date.
- Monitor the training registration process for all offerings.
- Design and implement virtual learning systems according to industry best practices and utilize district sponsored learning management systems.
- Create and implement training plans based on district-sponsored project needs.
- Advise upper management and business owner(s) on any identified product development issues found when developing training documentation or resources.
- Analyze data reports within the incident management system and leverage the data to drive new and/or revised training documentation for the DoTS Tiered Support teams.
- Conduct course evaluations, use the data to measure success and make data driven decisions regarding course improvement.
- Conduct follow-up interviews/conversations with the end-users to assess competency in applying the skills learned to determine if more support is needed or adjustments made to the course.
- Perform Just-In-Time training to individual schools/departments as needed: assess their needs, customize the process, personalize the delivery mechanism and documentation.
- Maintain the DoTS training webpage to include specific pre-reqs for security access requests requiring certifications and other support documentation.
- Self-direct by prioritizing work for the completion of multiple tasks/projects along with managing day to day operational duties.
- Manage workload by assessing level of effort for each training intake request, determine capacity and develop timelines for delivery.
- Work collaboratively with other DPS training teams in the design (course catalog & course development), registration, evaluation, and certification process to ensure consistency within the different LMSs.
- Develop Change Management strategies to support impacted groups on any new or revised trainings, requirements and/or processes prior to implementation.
- Perform others duties as assigned by Manager.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in training development, systems implementation and design, communications and documentation development or related experience.
- Preferred experiencing with creation and implementation of video content delivery systems.
- Preferred experience with K-12 educational organizations.
- Proficiency using computer-based software and online resources to develop training materials (such as MS Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate 360I, Learning Management Systems, Google Apps, social media).
- Ability to design and development training sessions and materials using emerging technologies.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate and communicate effectively within a team.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt training delivery methods to various learning styles and skill sets and to adapt delivery based on audience and time constraints in order to provide the best learning environment based on the learning objective.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Ability to be self-reflective and willing to incorporate feedback into training deliveries.
- Demonstrated skills facilitating to adult audiences.
- Knowledge of adult learning.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
The mission of the DPS Department of Technology Services (DoTS) is to be a proactive partner enabling the success of every child. We support the students, families, and staff of Denver Public Schools by providing the infrastructure, tools, data, and support to enable effective educators and efficient operations. Our leading-edge technology work includes delivering custom portals for our students, parents, teachers, and administrators, managing one of the largest networks in the state of Colorado, providing unparalleled levels of customer support, finding new ways to get technology in the hands of our students, and much more. We believe that technology is a positive, enabling force for parent engagement, student engagement, educator effectiveness, operational efficiency, student safety, and student achievement. By joining us, you too will be enabling the success of every child!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.