DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (DoTS)
235 work days
Salary Range: $75,335-$94,169
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Manages client technology specialists that provides IT users with district-supported application support, desktop equipment and support, and consultation determining user needs and incorporating them into the design and overall plan for technology desktop support. The range of accountabilities minimally covers application support (including security access), hardware and software planning, vendor selection, acquisition, Tier 2 problem resolution, set-up, integration, testing and installation.
Following are the Denver Public Schools Shared Core Values reflected in everyday work: Students First. Integrity. Equity. Collaboration. Accountability. Fun
- Direct management responsibility for client support technicians.
- Analyze and ensure that all district computer equipment is standardized and current with software and hardware.
- Organize and coordinate the activities associated with installation, deployment and upgrade of software, hardware and network facilities as it relates to the desktop environment.
- Organize and implement training opportunities for clients and call center staff.
- Organize and implement training for School Tech Reps (STR’s).
- Monitor procedures and standards used to provide quality support to client groups; obtain independent feedback about services delivered.
- Provide security access to student information system, assuring district security practices are followed.
- Organize and coordinate the activities associated with Tier 2 level support for District Systems including but not limited to: Student Information System, Learning Management System, Instructional Management System, general desktop support for district-supported applications.
- Work with supported organizations to establish performance metrics and ensure that needs are being properly met.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics, sharing results with users and senior DoTS management.
- Investigate and procure proficient and economical call center equipment.
- Work with various desktop applications including productivity tools, e-mail, and applications that are used by groups without programming customization.
- Evaluate and provide techniques for increasing user desktop productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Typically has five (5) to seven (7) years of IT work experience including managing team(s) responsible for desktop support function.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience managing support operations in a 24/7, multi-site environment, assigning work and evaluating the performance of internal help desk staff.
- At least two (2) years’ experience with budgeting, expense management and contract management.
- Experience handling confidential information with a high degree of integrity.
- Skillful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven experience and skills to quickly learn new systems and applications.
- Experience troubleshooting, isolating, diagnosing and problems.
- Knowledge of best practices in the field of client technologies support, including methods to maintain documentation, obtain client feedback and monitor quality control for e-mail accounts.
- Knowledge of both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Ability to converse in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to discuss issues at a technical or non-technical level, depending on the audience.
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, in all departments.
- Ability to contribute to a positive and cohesive DoTS team.
- Ability to read and interpret relevant manuals and information and to understand and troubleshoot a variety of programming techniques.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and occasionally deviate from established practices and procedures for new situations and problems.
- Ability to plan workloads, prioritize projects and organize routine work, at times with interruptions.
- Must be familiar with call center PBX systems, e-mail systems and other telecommunication devices used by client support staff.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years, if the position requires travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
The mission of the DPS Department of Technology Services (DoTS) is to be a proactive partner enabling the success of every child. We support the students, families, and staff of Denver Public Schools by providing the infrastructure, tools, data, and support to enable effective educators and efficient operations. Our leading-edge technology work includes delivering custom portals for our students, parents, teachers, and administrators, managing one of the largest networks in the state of Colorado, providing unparalleled levels of customer support, finding new ways to get technology in the hands of our students, and much more. We believe that technology is a positive, enabling force for parent engagement, student engagement, educator effectiveness, operational efficiency, student safety, and student achievement. By joining us, you too will be enabling the success of every child!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.