OFFICE OF CHOICE/ENROLLMENT TEMPORARY
Hourly Salary Range: $16.28-$19.49 ($30,623-$36,652 Annually)
Essential Functions and Objectives:
This is a temporary part-time position, 20-40 hours a week, to support the Office of Choice and Enrollment Call Center. The CSR will assist and guide families through the enrollment process via phone, email and in person. This position will require flexibility with work hours during peak times in order to accommodate school and family availability, and could include some evenings and weekends. Desire to provide exceptional customer service to families with different enrollment situations, skills and backgrounds. Position could require travel to Denver Public Schools and other sites throughout Denver County.
- Answer and direct phone calls and emails regarding parent inquiries about the School Choice process and enrollment to Denver Public Schools.
- Assist families navigate through the online SchoolChoice application. Provide information on the SchoolChoice process, deadlines, and school options.
- During Round 1 open enrollment, facilitate outreach efforts to transitioning students and families by communicating in the form of telephone calls, emails and in-person conversations at schools, office and events. May require some evenings and weekends to attend events.
- Student data entry into Infinite Campus and SchoolChoice system.
- Ability to search in multiple databases and programs simultaneously.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special projects.
- As necessary assist with walk-in families inquiring about school enrollments.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is highly desirable.
- Experience working with families and children.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Computer experience in Windows-based environment.
- Strong customer service focus, responsive to client concerns.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-past environment.
- Demonstrate high degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
- Familiarity with Infinite Campus preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Current and valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
The COO Office has a dynamic team of highly experienced people working to maintain the integrity of Denver Public Schools and the accountability of what we do as a team. We strive to meet all of the needs of our schools, Administrative buildings and constituents. The operations team encompasses Facilities, Enterprise Management, Transportation, Technology, School of Choice, Planning and Assessment, Safety and Security, Program Management, Operations Outreach and Engagement, Finance and Operations Support Services. We are the building blocks of the operations side of Denver Public Schools. We stand on our core values Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Collaboration, Fun and of course Students First. There are a lot of opportunities for anyone looking to work in an innovative, caring, and fast paced, growing entity. Come and check out Team DPS.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.