Z Casinos & Maverick Gaming™ is dedicated to creating the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of player and currently owns and operates a portfolio of 27 properties across Nevada, Washington and Colorado with a total of 1800 slot machines, 350 table games, 1020 hotel rooms and 30 restaurants.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Manager on all personnel matters. Promotes positive customer service, confidentiality, and professionalism, maintains employee records in HRIS system, coordinating with payroll, benefits and workers compensation. You must have or be able to obtain a Colorado Gaming License and have a valid drivers license.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accurately input all employee changes into the HRIS system – knowledge of Paylocity HRIS systems highly preferred.
- Responsible for all HR paperwork, verifying accuracy and compliance with our procedures
- New Hire Paperwork
- Status Changes
- Direct deposits
- Name/Address changes
- Establish and maintain good working relationships through effective communication and excellent customer service to promote positive customer relations with employees, other agencies, the corporate office, and vendors.
- Direct managers on the HR/payroll process and procedures, timelines and employee paperwork guidelines and requirements.
- Working knowledge of benefits administration, assisting in open enrollments, billing for employees on leave or furlough.
- Assist department in implementing and carrying out various HR programs and procedures for all company employees.
- Assist in organizational training and development efforts.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and other meetings and seminars as needed.
- Provides administrative support to the HR Manager as needed.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Complete daily Verification of Employment either over the phone and or writing on paper.
- Scan, file and organize confidential paperwork.
- Generate reports requested by managers or for the administrative staff.
- Respond to unemployment claims.
- Process and follow up on workers compensation claims.
- Work closely with payroll administrator to fix payroll discrepancies and input deduction agreements and issue pay cards
- Continuing to seek new HR processes. Update and create new forms and update HR manual for all locations to use.
- Job postings on multiple websites and implement new recruiting processes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Associate’s degree in Human Resources and/or related field and/or 3 to 5 years’ experience in a hands-on HR department.
- Extensive knowledge working with HRIS Systems, Paylocity HRIS system preferred.
- Strong computer skills and literacy with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED: (To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.)
- Knowledge of HR principles and practices in order to be an effective resource for others
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of classified information.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- Ability to multi-task under tight timelines
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects and tasks
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions
- Reliability with working hours and duties
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and management
- Ability to understand and comply with all departmental and company rules and regulations, policies, and procedures
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work in a fast-paced, office environment. Must be able to sit for long periods of time, speak and hear, write, finger and feel, lift and carry up to twenty pounds (20 lbs) and occasionally more. Requires all forms of manual dexterity and mobility throughout the shift. Employee occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and work occasional weekend and/or evenings. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Currently, this position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
Management reserves the right to assign, change or modify job duties at any time.
Pay: $45,000 - $65,000 D.O.E