Security Officer - Z Casino
Z Casinos & Maverick Gaming™ is dedicated to creating the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of player and currently owns and operates a portfolio of 27 properties across Nevada, Washington and Colorado with a total of 1800 slot machines, 350 table games, 1020 hotel rooms and 30 restaurants.
The Security Officer is responsible for the safe operation of the Casino, ensuring the safety of guests and employees while protecting the assets of the casino.
How You'll Succeed
In this role you will:
• Efficiently manage and maintain law and order, personnel and resources.
• Ensure all reports and correspondences are properly completed in a timely manner throughout the department.
• Answer telephones using proper telephone etiquette.
• Patrol company property and protect assets.
• Complete appropriate fills and runs using the proper procedures, ensuring that all necessary documents are signed.
• Document and effectively write reports on all incidents.
• Respond to and handle emergencies using the proper method while simultaneously using the correct safety procedures.
• Escort employees to appropriate bank for daily drops.
• Ensure all guests are 21 years of age, ability to read and understand all forms of ID’s.
• Communicate with surveillance and M.O.D all details of events occurring on the casino property.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous Security experience and knowledge that includes:
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience
• Military/law enforcement background experience preferred.
• 2-3 years security experience preferred.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Colorado State Gaming License.
• Encourage mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all staff by setting positive examples.
• Ability to read and comprehend all documentation.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all times, with all levels of employees and guests.
• Ability to interface effectively with the public and co-workers.
• Neat, professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Working knowledge of cash handling and knowledge of State of Colorado Gambling regulations and rules.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work in a fast-paced casino environment. Must be able to stand, walk or sit for long periods of time, speak and hear, write, finger and feel, lift and carry up to thirty pounds (30 lbs.) and occasionally more. Employee frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and endure variable temperature conditions (extreme hot or cold).
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00/hr D.O.E