Lead Slot Tech
Black Hawk, CO
Z Casinos & Maverick Gaming™ is dedicated to creating the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of player and currently owns and operates a portfolio of 27 properties across Nevada, Washington and Colorado with a total of 1800 slot machines, 350 table games, 1020 hotel rooms and 30 restaurants.
A Slot Technicians goal is to ensure that our gaming guests have every opportunity to play their favorite games in a clean and safe environment on our floor. To accomplish this, it is our responsibility to ensure that every game on the floor is fully functional always to ensure complete guest satisfaction during their visit. If guests do experience a problem with a game, it is the technician’s responsibility to get the problem fixed as soon as possible. To install, service, adjust and repair slot and other ticket operated machines. To perform responsibilities in compliance with the State of Colorado Limited Gaming Act and other applicable municipal, state and federal laws on regulations as well as Company policies and procedures.
GUEST SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Slot Technicians are expected to monitor Slot Attendant calls throughout their shift and assist Slot Attendants when they are receiving a high volume of calls.
- Slot Technicians are expected to cover Slot Attendant breaks.
- Holidays Slot Technicians are expected to remain on the floor looking for guest service opportunities.
- When Call-ins occur or during High-Volume Times. Slot Technicians will be expected to cover the Slot Floor by Paying Jackpots and performing other Slot Attendant Duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, services, adjusts and repairs slot and other TITO ticket operated machines.
- Receives training, technical direction and guidance from the Slot Technician Supervisor or Slot Director.
- Performs responsibilities in compliance with the State of Colorado Limited Gaming Act and other applicable municipal, state and federal laws or regulations as well as Company policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships and good guest service skills with all guests and team members.
- Safeguards slot machines; maintains slot repair parts cart and inventories; Inventory Replacement Log; and maintains secure key controls and ensures that machines are in a secure and locked state.
- Troubleshoots equipment and records appropriate information on the Slot Machine Access Log.
- Adjusts and aligns slot machines to meet or exceed factory specifications.
- Moves slot machines as required or requested.
- Maintains alertness for the performance of all responsibilities, and a general awareness of casino operations always. Takes appropriate action based on observations as directed or established by casino policy, procedures or gaming rules and regulations. Informs the Slot Technician Supervisor or Slot Director of any concerns.
- Performs machine conversions as required or requested.
- Repairs problems on the spot or removes and replaces suspect bad components for later repair in the tech office.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Flexible work week with possible additional hours. Schedule availability will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- All team members must be self-starters and maintain a clean and safe work environment while complying with safety procedures, including use of required safety equipment, identifying unsafe practices or conditions, and informing their Supervisor of unsafe conditions.
- All Team Members follow security policies and procedures and report all violations. Performs duties in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Available to work both the Black Hawk and Central City properties.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Directly supervise and work with Slot Technical Team in the Slot Department. Position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, applicable laws and ICMP directives. Responsibilities include overseeing and providing leadership during all slot projects. This includes addressing complaints and resolving problems during projects. Slot Projects are defined below.
- Game Location Changes
- Game Removals
- New Game Installs
- Game Conversions
- Software Upgrades
- System Upgrades
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrated willingness to learn the proper techniques of installing, servicing, adjusting and repairing slot and other ticket operated machines from start to finish. Demonstrated willingness to learn “bench level” electronic repair work. demonstrated working knowledge of slot machine games and their operations. Demonstrated effective and diplomatic guest service and communication skills, which includes contacts with team members, guests and the CDOG. Demonstrated experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure. Demonstrated experience problem solving, organizing and prioritizing work skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduation from High School or equivalent, with course work in electronics; or graduation from a trade or technical school with an emphasis in electronics or mechanics. One (1) or more years of recent and related experience installing, servicing, adjusting and repairing slot and other coin operated machines, preferably within a gaming environment. Knowledge of progressive hardware and software, player tracking systems, and several types of electro-mechanical gaming devices preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. These language skills must be executed in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to count large sums of money accurately.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving few variables in common situations. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid and current State of Colorado Gaming License. Must have a valid Colorado Driver's License, with a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, pushing and standing for an entire work shift with standard breaks. Lifting slot machines and other gaming equipment weighing 150 to 200 or more pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working with large numbers of people while primarily in an inside environment, which is frequently loud or containing high noise levels. Some inside locations are heavily filled with cigarette smoke.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
Various tools and equipment, including electrical, which are used to install, service, adjust and repair slot and other coin operated machines. Various general office equipment may be used including typewriters, computers, photocopiers, calculators, staplers and tape.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to stand, walk or sit for long periods of time, speak and hear, write, finger and feel, lift and carry up to thirty pounds (30 lbs.) and occasionally more. Employee frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and endure variable temperature conditions (extreme hot or cold).