Guest Service Attendant - Grand Z Casino Hotel
Z Casinos & Maverick Gaming™ is dedicated to creating the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of player and currently owns and operates a portfolio of 27 properties across Nevada, Washington and Colorado with a total of 1800 slot machines, 350 table games, 1020 hotel rooms and 30 restaurants.
The Guest Service Attendant is responsible for welcoming and providing excellent service to the guests of the hotel, booking hotel/dinner reservations and answering calls and directing to appropriate personal and/or answering guest questions.
How You'll Succeed
In this role you will:
- Provide superior guest service, positively affects interactions with external and internal guests and team members; has the resiliency to deal with difficult guests in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with co-workers.
- Book guest Reservations for the hotel when they call in.
- Assign guest accommodations in accordance with current procedures.
- Answer PBX calls and either direct them to appropriate personnel or answer guest questions at time of call.
- Handle assigned bank properly and perform account postings.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel occupancy status, special events, in-house groups and other situations affecting the reception desk’s daily operation.
- Accept same day and advance reservations as required.
- Maintain guest relations in a positive manner; refer guests to appropriate personnel if unable to satisfy guests’ complaints.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of all company services and entertainment opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience and knowledge that includes:
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
• Prior hotel experience preferred.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Data entry and 10 key experience preferred.
• As/400 hotel computer system, calculator, credit card machine, fax machine, copier, and super playmate players card system.
• Perform job functions with exceptional attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook applications experience required.
• Ability to use all equipment associated with the position including but not limited to computers, telephones, fax machines, copiers, and printers.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all times with Reserve Casino/Hotel’s guests as well as all levels of team members.
• Ability to move around the service desk effectively, pull up portfolios, reach across counter for guest transactions and retrieve/replace safety deposit boxes as needed.
• Ability to effectively use computer to access, understand and input guest information.
• The position is, at times, subject to crowds and noise; the severity of which depends upon guest volume.
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00/hr D.O.E