Food and Beverage Supervisor - Z Casino
Z Casinos & Maverick Gaming™ is dedicated to creating the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of player and currently owns and operates a portfolio of 27 properties across Nevada, Washington and Colorado with a total of 1800 slot machines, 350 table games, 1020 hotel rooms and 30 restaurants.
The Food and Beverage Supervisor is responsible for ensuring excellence in guest service in the food and beverage areas, while maximizing revenue and controlling costs in compliance with Company policies and procedures along with all Federal, State, and local agencies.
How You'll Succeed
In this role you will:
• Maintain the restaurant and cocktail areas to present a professional image.
• Inspect food and beverage presentation to maintain quality standards.
• Assist in preparing schedules and adjusting staffing levels on a regular basis, as needed.
• Motivate and encourage serving staff so they consistently up sell the menus.
• Ensure that guest service standards are implemented and maintained, assist in training team members and constantly reinforce Company philosophy.
• Assist with monthly inventories and complete all required paperwork.
• Oversee and ensure all cost controls are in place and all food and beverage items are rung in and accounted for.
• Use all equipment in accordance with all safety standards and ensure all team members follow the same safety standards.
• Constantly monitor team member performance ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective team members in accordance with Company policies.
• Maintain the highest commitment to internal and external guest service standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous Food and Beverage experience and knowledge that includes:
• High School Diploma or GED recommended. Experience may substitute for schooling.
• Experience in a front of house food service operation. Preferred experience as a supervisor in the food and beverage industry.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Limited Gaming Support License.
• Blood borne pathogens training and TIPS training certification.
• Ability and willingness to work at both the Central City and Black Hawk properties.
• Must be flexible to work and schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
• Must be flexible to fill in for any position in case of team member call outs or tardiness.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Fluent in English, has ability to speak, read and write.
• Computer literate in Word and Excel.
• Ability to stand and walk for duration of shift.
• Knowledge of applicable local state and federal health and safety regulations.
• Compute basic math calculations.
• Knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) system.
• Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work.
• Resolve problems using good judgment.
• Understands guest’s service needs.
• Direct performance of staff and follow-up with corrections needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to stand, walk or sit for long periods of time, speak and hear, write, finger and feel, lift and carry up to thirty pounds (50 lbs.) and occasionally more. Employee frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and endure variable temperature conditions (extreme hot or cold).
Pay: $40,500 - $44,000/year