The Deli Attendant/Barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. The barista fulfills any other duties the F&B Director or Supervisor or MOD assigns and represents Johnny Z’s and Z Casino in a professional manner. Must be 18 years of age or older.
How You'll Succeed
In this role you will:
- Ensure that all customers are educated on our products and services.
- Maintain the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Follow all Company drink recipes and procedures.
- Proficiently prepare blended and cold drinks provided by the store.
- Greet all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develop a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- Verbally receive and call back customer’s orders in a friendly manner.
- Report all customer complaints to F&B Director, Supervisor or Manager on Duty.
- Respond proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Accurately ring sale orders into cash register and count back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answer telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location and receiving and filling customer orders.
- Answer customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Sell and serve baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
- Maintain efficient, friendly service.
- Restock shelves when necessary.
- Routinely clean the deli area, floor, equipment and take out trash, etc.
- Report potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- Report all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
- Inform the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous Customer Service experience and knowledge that includes:
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- Three (3) months of recent and related experience in customer service preferred.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
- Must be well-organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- May work special events, as needed.
- Maintain positive Company morale and a professional attitude.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to stand, walk or sit for long periods of time, speak and hear, write, finger and feel, lift and carry up to thirty pounds (30 lbs.) and occasionally more. Employee frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and endure variable temperature conditions (extreme hot or cold).
PAY: $13.00/hr - $16.00/hr