Z Casino & Maverick Gaming™ is dedicated to creating the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of player and currently owns and operates a portfolio of 27 properties across Nevada, Washington and Colorado with a total of 1800 slot machines, 350 table games, 1020 hotel rooms and 30 restaurants.
The Cage Manager has supervisory responsibility over all Cage team, which includes the training, scheduling and evaluation of team members on a weekly basis. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding receipts, distribution, exchange, transfer, inventory and reconciling money/assets of the casino. Ensure each property is working similarly and supervise Cage operations in compliance with State of Colorado limited Gaming Act and other applicable municipal, state, and federal laws or regulations. Must be 21 years of age or older.
How You'll Succeed
In this role you will:
• Supervise and train cashiers to provide quality service to guests and team members. This includes, but not limited to, selling change, cashing checks, preparing all required forms, preparing fills and jackpots, checking in and out keys and banks, balancing main bank and all other banks, preparing deposits, counting and bundling cash, wrapping coin, preparing buys and ordering supplies.
• Manage cages to ensure adequate amounts of cash, coin and supplies are on hand for daily operations.
• Assist Audit in reviewing overages/shortages and reviewing discrepancies as sent by Audit.
• Supervise team members to remain in compliance with all Colorado Limited Gaming rules and regulations. Understand and follow all Johnny Z’s, Z Casino, and Grand Z Casino policies and procedures.
• Supervise and assist team members in the operation of all equipment used to count and wrap coin/cash and count money. Ensure proper and safe usage of all equipment in the cage areas.
• Oversee the flow of operation for all cages during scheduled shift. Maintain and adjust coverage when needed. Schedule team member breaks for the shift.
• Demonstrate good customer service skills and good resolution skills.
• Train and assist cashiers with daily duties, customer service skills, Title 31 compliance—including documentation, and proper handling of all casino funds.
• Responsible for Title 31 compliance including but not limited to training, documentation, and auditing for AML, CTL, SARC, and any and all other FINCEN requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all IRS regulations and requirements.
• Document of all session play and related high limit gaming.
• Keep abreast and up to date with all emerging best gaming practices.
• Write procedures as needed.
• Demonstrate good communication skills with team members, other departments and management.
• Assist team members develop and maintain a positive relationship with both guests and other team members.
• Oversee team members to ensure they maintain a clean and safe work environment and complies with safety procedures, including use of required safety equipment, identifying unsafe practices or conditions, and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of the unsafe conditions.
• Ensure that Team Members follow security policies and procedures and reports all violations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience and knowledge that includes:
• High School education or general education degree (GED).
• Three (3) or more years of recent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three (3) to six (6) months experience leading, supervising or providing technical direction to cashiers.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Colorado Limited Gaming Key License.
• Demonstrated effective supervision and motivation of cashiers, preferably in a gaming, banking or customer service environment.
• Demonstrated skills receiving, securing, handling, counting, reconciling, and distributing large sums of money.
• Demonstrated effective decision making and problem solving.
• Ability to work at both the Black Hawk and Central City locations.
• Performs job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Quality management - looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work, uses time efficiently.
• Resolve problems using good judgment, displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
• Understands guest’s service needs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to speak, read, and write in the English language.
• Ability to deal with problems involving few particular variables in common situations.
• Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to balance a large bank with large cash flows and many different types of transaction.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work in a fast-paced, bar/restaurant environment. Must be able to stand, walk or sit for long periods of time, speak and hear, write, finger and feel, lift and carry up to thirty pounds (30 lbs.) and occasionally more. Employee frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and endure variable temperature conditions (extreme hot or cold).
Pay: $55,000 - $70,000 D.O.E