Z Casinos & Maverick Gaming™ is dedicated to creating the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of player and currently owns and operates a portfolio of 27 properties across Nevada, Washington and Colorado with a total of 1800 slot machines, 350 table games, 1020 hotel rooms and 30 restaurants.
How You'll Succeed
In this role you will:
• Work with the F&B Director to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant’s policy and vision.
• Come up with new dishes which appeal to the clients, whenever required.
• Produce high quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements.
• Plan the food design in order to create a perfect match between the dish’s aspect and its taste.
• Discover talented cooks and train them in order to reach the high standards of the location.
• Train the auxiliary kitchen team members in order to provide best results in minimum time and using at the maximum the available resources.
• Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours.
• Create tasting menus for clients interested in contracting the food for different events (wedding, banquets, corporate dinners, birthday parties, etc.) from their kitchen.
• Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door.
• Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any malfunction before it affects team members or the clients.
• Ensure all foods are brought to SAFE temperatures both HOT and COLD and follows all HACCP procedures.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous Culinary experience and knowledge that includes:
• Blood borne pathogen training.
• TIPS Training.
• Serv-Safe Training.
• Proven experience as a Sous Chef.
• Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils.
• A team player with good communication skills.
• Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
• Very good physical condition and endurance.
• Must be able to perform simple mathematics skills these being the following: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short polite correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in a one on one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other team members of the company.
PAY: $16.00/hr - $18.00/hr