Z Casinos & Maverick Gaming™ is dedicated to creating the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of player and currently owns and operates a portfolio of 27 properties across Nevada, Washington and Colorado with a total of 1800 slot machines, 350 table games, 1020 hotel rooms and 30 restaurants.
The Line Cook performs a variety of restaurant/kitchen related tasks including food preparation, product stocking and rotation, food prep, and basic cleaning duties. Hiring for morning shifts. Must be 18 years of age or older.
How You'll Succeed
In this role you will:
- Responsible for stocking supplies, products and utensils throughout the kitchen and general cleaning of the kitchen and stock areas.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines
- Prepares all food items as directed, in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by Kitchen Manager.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous culinary experience and knowledge that includes:
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous prep or line cook experience (6 months).
- Performs job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and organize, uses time efficiently.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work in a fast-paced, bar/restaurant environment. Must be able to stand, walk or sit for long periods of time, speak and hear, write, finger and feel, lift and carry up to thirty pounds (30 lbs.) and occasionally more. Employee frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and endure variable temperature conditions (extreme hot or cold).