Job Summary: Under direct supervision the incumbent of this position performs grounds maintenance to include, but not limited to mowing, trimming, general pruning and other field work, plus ensuring that public facilities are clean and safe, while projecting a positive presentation for visitors, staff, and the public each day.
Career Type: Full-time
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum one year experience in general maintenance work with some experience in operating light motor driven equipment including lawn and garden equipment or any combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and changing priorities, maintain confidentiality, and have experience working in a team environment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Mowing, trimming, pruning, and general field work as directed.
- Performs preventative and routine building maintenance (to include, but not limited to replacing light bulbs, repairing and/or replacing carpet floor tile, carpet, plumbing fixtures, roofs, windows, doors, walls, ceiling tiles.) as directed.
- Paints (interior and exterior), performs routine maintenance and/or repairs as directed
- Moves and/or transports furniture and equipment.
- Use skill and manual dexterity to safely and proficiently operate various tools and equipment.
- Maintain working knowledge of maintenance, methods, materials and equipment, as well as safety regulations and precautions related to work performed.
- Cleans public facilities daily.
Other Job Duties:
- Assists in grounds keeping, such as set up and tear down of equipment for special events.Responsible for compliance with the Eco-Friendly program with City and County of Denver by filing monthly report and scheduling material pick-up as needed.
- Participates with snow removal duties.
- Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with managers, co-workers and others. Maintains a positive, helpful and solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members, visitors or others.
- Attends all meetings “on site” as required.
- Performs other duties or special projects as requested by management.
Benefits: Major benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
To apply click the link: