Traditional 235 work days - PROTECH/ADMIN
Salary Range: $59,351 - $71,910 annually
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Supervisor of Maintenance Operations assists with coordination and supervision of shop personnel who perform the trade related and maintenance work and repair for District facilities.
- Review work order; monitor how work orders are assigned and ensure that system maintenance, repair or installation work in planned, prioritized, and scheduled in an effective manner.
- Inspect, evaluate and monitor shop resource utilization for quality, operability and maintainability of any new construction applications.
- Supervise and inspect work performed by contracted service vendors and contractors, according to DPS quality control standards and related codes.
- Assist with coordination and supervision of the maintenance of trade related systems of District's facilities.
- Assist with development and maintenance of timely and productive control records and reports from the EMPAC Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) for authorized jobs and associated costs.
- Schedule monthly, weekly and daily work using EMPAC.
- Monitor material and equipment jobs orders and delivery arrangements to ensure cost effective materials and methods are used; implement corrective action when necessary.
- Assist with quality assurance program implementation and monitor completion of work performed and in compliance with applicable codes, regulations and standards.
- Define specifications for contract work. Comply with District equipment and material standards.
- Communicate and coordinate with other District departments (e.g., Facility Planning, Engineering, outside contractors, factory representatives) and other shops for joint work projects.
- Assist with preparation, completion and submission of all time and attendance records.
- Monitor working conditions and work-related injuries to create a safe working environment for all employees.
- Assist with the development of employee training programs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a preventative maintenance (PM) program.
- Assist with the development of staffing utilization reports and requirements.
- Provide input into the development of annual budgets (e.g., manpower, maintenance supplies, contractors, equipment acquisition).
- Review, evaluate and approve parts and service invoices and requisitions; follow established budgetary procedures.
- Purchase non-stick items and special equipment for work orders.
- Provide administrative support for personnel issues by providing accurate historical data and clean, concise documentation.
- Conduct building safety and preventative maintenance inspections, and report potential safety hazards in areas that might affect health and safety of DPS staff and others.
- Acquire applicable permits from the jurisdiction having authority.
- Respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on weekends or holidays, according to schedule.
- Coordinate District response to emergency situations involving Facility Maintenance.
- Prepare and conduct employee performance evaluation process.
- Provide on-the-job trade related instruction or training to shop or field personnel.
- Review construction blueprints, work order and plans to ensure that work has been completed according to District standards and related codes.
- Perform trade work of assigned shop as schedule and volume of work orders require.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver's license.
- A minimum of eight (8) years' journeyman or equivalent experience in a field related for the assignment.
- A minimum of three (3) years' supervisory experience.
- Training and/or experience in cost estimating blueprint reading, specifications, business, public and customer relations, supervision and personnel management.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), CMMS and EMPAC.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
- Must hold and maintain applicable Licensure and/or certification as required by the nature of the work being performed.
- Must meet the District's insurability requirements.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years.
- Knowledge, of U.M.C. (Uniform Mechanical Code), Denver building codes and licensure or related trade.
- Knowledge of trade unions and experience in labor relations.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with diverse District staff.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team oriented environment to meet projected goals and objectives.
- Ability to plan and organize work with high level of attention to detail and manage interruptions.
- Ability to manage time and projects according to project plan or curriculum.
- Ability to multi-task, meet flexible deadlines and juggle competing demands.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Maintain high professional standards and expectations; provide excellent customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Maintenance Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. Maintenance employees have clearly defined promotional opportunities at all levels and our supervisors will help you work toward your career goals We need great people that want to help create a safe, welcoming environment that makes an impact on student learning. If you like problem solving and working with your hands, you may be a perfect fit!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.