Location: SERVICE BUILDING and NORTH HIGH SCHOOL
Traditional 235 work days - PROTECH/ADMIN
Schedule: Monday - Friday 12:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Salary Range: $47,665 - $57,896 annually
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Facilities Trainer will teach prospective DPS Facility Management employees a solid foundation of cleaning and working in a wide variety of facilities. Provide instructions in maintaining commercial or school building, to include restroom care, floor care, carpet care, general cleaning, power equipment, and dispensing of cleaning chemicals; including SDS compliance guidelines through the Housekeeping Course. In addition, train the Facility TRIRIGA management system Course.
Teach Facility Management courses as part of the Office of Professional Development instructional curriculum for facility employees. Demonstrate, operate, instruct, and provide guided departmental practices for up-to-date cleaning equipment, supplies, tools, chemicals, machinery; including cleaning 7 proper storage of equipment. Hours for this position require working evenings.
- Demonstrate and instruct proper chemical use, measurement and proportioning for mixing chemicals and proper safety practices used in the workplace.
- Maintain appropriate inventory for all course equipment, materials and supplies.
- Provide field evaluations as needed to ensure learning is aligned with instructional material and performance expectations.
- Write curriculum lesson plans, and various written and performance assessments to effectively offer feedback regarding performance and improvements according to training requirements.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- Four (4) years wage earned experience in a related occupation and broad knowledge of techniques and practices used in the related industry within the preceding 7 years.
- Must have flexibility to teach evening courses according to set schedule.
- Minimum of three (3) or more years documented experience in creating, developing, writing and designing training material and conducting/facilitating training in corporate or vocational environment.
- Quality business English training experience and have a good understanding of learning difficulties for a culturally inclusive environment.
- Possess excellent math aptitude.
- Must have a career background in training and instructional design experience, which includes cultural communication and awareness, soft-skills and preferably trade-related development.
- Must be thoroughly skilled in and have the ability to provide instruction, at an intermediate level and above, in all components of Google Suite & MS Suite(& Skype): along with other office equipment and training technology.
- Highly Skilled and experienced in on-line course development & software in preferred; Photoshop, Illustrator, Articulate, Storyline, Captivate and/or Adobe InDesign software.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
The COO Office has a dynamic team of highly experienced people working to maintain the integrity of Denver Public Schools and the accountability of what we do as a team. We strive to meet all of the needs of our schools, Administrative buildings and constituents. The operations team encompasses Facilities, Enterprise Management, Transportation, Technology, School of Choice, Planning and Assessment, Safety and Security, Program Management, Operations Outreach and Engagement, Finance and Operations Support Services. We are the building blocks of the operations side of Denver Public Schools. We stand on our core values Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Collaboration, Fun and of course Students First. There are a lot of opportunities for anyone looking to work in an innovative, caring, and fast paced, growing entity. Come and check out Team DPS.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.