QUALITY ASSURANCE COORDINATOR
Location: Service Building
Work Year: Traditional 235 work days - PROTECH/ADMIN
Salary Range: $47,665 - $57,885 annually
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for quality assurance inspections of custodial operations and housekeeping conditions at District facilities per facility operations department approved standards or industry standards as applicable. Ensures custodial services are effectively provided to the facility within the assigned area of responsibility and ensures the buildings and grounds are in safe and clean condition at all times. Works within established metrics to analyze and continually assesses current programs to ensure effectiveness of service delivery, plans, equipment, training, production, and quality in cooperation with other support personnel.
- Plan, organize and coordinate District custodial activities related to the cleaning, grounds care and minor maintenance of District facilities
- Assist with development of training materials, conduct training, mentor, and evaluate the work of custodial personnel in cleaning techniques and policy/procedures
- Confers with administrators and staff and other groups as needed to resolve issues surrounding building conditions
- Inspects district sites for proper utilization of custodial time, materials, and equipment
- Assists with preparing buildings for the opening of the school year after construction activities
- Assures proper custodial methods are followed and quality and quantity standards are maintained
- Conducts quality control audits to ensure compliance with sanitary and hygiene standards
- Develops and implements plans and programs to improve custodial care of district facilities; evaluates department efficiency and recommends the implementation of new custodial techniques, materials and equipment; conducts in-service training as necessary
- Provides regular activity and status reports to management and staff on building conditions and inspection results
- Recommends purchase materials and equipment for custodial duties; may meet with vendors to evaluate new products; may requisition a wide variety of chemicals, tools, supplies and equipment
- Assists in the development, implementation, control and distribution of Quality Assurance and Quality Control practices, standards, methodologies and metrics associated with assignments
- Ensures products and services from suppliers and vendors meet established quality requirements
- Establishes reports and provides feedback to staff in an educational manner
- Maintains records of inspections; follow-up on quality assurance concerns
- Responsible for tracking, analyzing and or creating metrics for quality assurance efforts
- Assist in building recognition programs such as building awards
- Anticipates program problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed , to resolve and achieve commitments. Assures the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools.
- Ensures proper safety practices are in place
- May conduct building assessments or data gathering to be used in staffing formulas
- Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- A minimum of five (5) years of related custodial operations experience is required
- Demonstrated experience performing in a customer service orientated environment
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license
- Must Maintain insurability guidelines at district level
- Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills
- Must pass DPS reading test per departmental requirements of 1400
- Strong attention to detail and record-keeping techniques
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Excellent time management skills; demonstrated successful experience planning and organizing work activities to meet deadlines
- Efficient computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn/operate management software.
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Operations Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. If you like to be part of a team where your contributions and hard work help create the greatest possible environment which positively impacts student learning, you just may be a perfect fit! We have Flexible Schedules! We offer part-time and full-time positions with a variety of shifts so there are options for an opportunity to suit your needs.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.