FACILITY MANAGEMENT - MAINTENANCE
Work Year: 245 work days per year
Salary Range: $30.84 - $33.05 per hour
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The L3 Refrigeration A/C Technician installs, repairs and performs skilled licensed maintenance on District refrigeration systems (e.g., chillers and absorbers, cooling towers, refrigeration equipment, and small kitchen appliances). The essential functions of the position include:
- Troubleshoots and identifies repairs for refrigeration system (e.g., electrical, piping, controls) and performs repairs or contracts out major chiller repairs.
- Evacuates, reclaims or recycles refrigerant according to EPA guidelines
- Repairs and installs HVAC equipment (e.g., roof top units, window units).
- Works with and installs HVAC systems.
- Diagnoses repairs; modifies and performs repairs using blueprints and schematics; and considering building codes (e.g., UBC) and standards (e.g., SMACNA!).
- Calibrate and install pneumatic, electrical, and electronic controls made by different manufacturers.
- Operates tools and equipment for combustion controls (e.g., impact wrenches).
- Installs HVAC systems, rigging heavy loads and coordinating with other shop staff.
- Fabricates, repairs, and installs HVAC system fittings, registers, venting, pipe fittings.
- Responds to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Trains and mentors apprentice
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of journeyman experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License and meet District insurability standards.
- Hold a valid C.F.C. license, and Journeyman Refrigeration Operator Certificate.
- Ability to pass the Respirator Fit Test requirement: Annually and upon hire either during a physical exam or be able to demonstrate the ability to wear a properly fitted respirator.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Maintenance Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. Maintenance employees have clearly defined promotional opportunities at all levels and our supervisors will help you work toward your career goals We need great people that want to help create a safe, welcoming environment that makes an impact on student learning. If you like problem solving and working with your hands, you may be a perfect fit!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.