Traditional 245 work days - AMLG/FMGR/GRND/PROTECH
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Assist in the planning, coordinating, installing, supervising and inspecting of work completed by field and shop staff and contracted vendors. Maintain safe work environment for staff, students and the general public. Assure timely and cost effective administration and planning of work assignments, parts and equipment acquisition. Provide quality control assurance inspections of any work completed by contracted vendors to assure the greatest customer satisfaction and value for Facility Management and DPS.
- Receive, plan, prioritize, and schedule work orders and requisitions for all types of shop or field activities.
- Assist in the ordering of materials and equipment for jobs and arrange for delivery to the job site.
- Delegate, monitor and inspect work performed by staff, contracted service vendors and contractors.
- Check and approve purchase authorizations and invoices for materials and services and direct them to the proper processing department in the most expeditious manner possible.
- Assist in the accurate preparation, completion, and submission of time records and maintenance of records of employee’s sick leave, vacation leave, and personal leave.
- Assist in the development and implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) programs for the shop or field.
- Assist in the development of annual budgets for manpower, maintenance supplies, contractors and equipment acquisition.
- Provide administrative support to the foremen for personnel issues by providing accurate historical data and clean and concise documentation of employee performance issues.
- Confer with management on staffing needs and requirements and other administrative requirements.
- Assign employees with appropriate skills to projects (e.g. electrical, painting, carpentry) to ensure the task is performed correctly; re-assign employees as emergencies require.
- Check for proper utilization of equipment and procedures to ensure safety.
- Coordinate work within the shop and with other shops or departments.
- May perform duties similar to those assigned to the crew.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:- Courses or training in personnel management preferred.
- Training and/or experience in cost estimating, blueprint reading, specifications, business, public and customer relations, supervision and personnel management.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of the basic skills and equipment involved in the performance of the assigned tasks.
- Working knowledge of trade unions and experience in labor relations preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable shop and field functions.
- Ability to schedule, initiate and follow through each job to a timely and satisfactory completion.
- Ability to remain current with technology of present trade and be able to perform technical trade work when required.
- Must be available, on short notice, 24-hours a day and 7-days per week, to respond to any emergency situation.
- Must be available for weekend and/or holiday job assignment as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Maintenance Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. Maintenance employees have clearly defined promotional opportunities at all levels and our supervisors will help you work toward your career goals We need great people that want to help create a safe, welcoming environment that makes an impact on student learning. If you like problem solving and working with your hands, you may be a perfect fit!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susan Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.