ATHLETIC FIELD TECHNICIAN I
Location: Service Building, Maintenance
Work Year: 245 work days per year
Salary Range: $18.43 - $19.08 hourly
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The L1 Athletic Field Technician performs athletic field and facilities maintenance for District athletic facilities under the direction of Level 2 or 3 technicians. The essential functions of this position include:
- Performs sports field maintenance (e.g., fertilization, aeration, sprinkler minor repair).
- Performs grounds maintenance around sports facilities and related fences and signs.
- Operates grounds maintenance equipment (e.g., tractors and implements, turf mowers, string trimmers, spraying equipment, etc.) and perform minor operator equipment maintenance.
- Measures and marks sports fields and assist in sets up related sports event equipment.
- Performs minor facility maintenance and repair (e.g., painting, lighting).
- Assists with the construction of athletic fields and facilities according to industry standards.
- Performs custodial-type duties for district sites, All City Sports Complex and Rockies baseball fields.
- Communicates and coordinates with staff at work site and with other shop staff.
- Prepares and cleans up job site (e.g., erecting scaffolding), taking into consideration safety concerns of self and others (e.g., students, employees), and disposes of waste and flammable materials.
- Reviews work orders, prioritizes, and determine supplies for repair and purchases supplies using District purchase order system.
- Responds to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- At least two (2) years related experience.
- Formal training or experience in landscape maintenance of commercial or public properties
- Formal training or experience in tree and woody plant maintenance.
- Formal training or experience in construction and maintenance of landscape structures.
- Formal training or experience in the control of landscape pests (insects, diseases and weeds).
- Experience in the use of survey equipment to establish grades and layout and install site landscaping.
- Experience in the requirements of establishing and maintaining of safe landscape area
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License and meet District insurability standards.
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Maintenance Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. Maintenance employees have clearly defined promotional opportunities at all levels and our supervisors will help you work toward your career goals We need great people that want to help create a safe, welcoming environment that makes an impact on student learning. If you like problem solving and working with your hands, you may be a perfect fit!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.