VEHICLE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Location: Hilltop, Central
Work Year: Traditional 245 work days - AMLG/FMGR/GRND/PROTECH
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 5:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., 12:30 - 9:00 p.m., or 1:30 - 10:00 p.m.
Salary Range: starting at $23.30 per hour + .45 differential for second shift, also a monthly tool & boot stipend of $69
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Vehicle Maintenance Tech performs repairs, maintenance and inspections of Denver Public School (DPS) vehicles.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- A valid State of Colorado commercial driver’s license (CDL) - Class A and B, with P2S endorsements must be obtained within 6 months of employment if the license is not already held.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintenance skills (e.g., welding, electrical and mechanical systems, gasoline and diesel engines, overhaul and rebuild, air and hydraulic brakes, tire repair).
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience is required.
- Must possess a full set of tools.
- ASE certification in automotive/heavy truck/school bus preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical community college level certificate or degree preferred.
- A combination of education and years of experience is acceptable.
About Denver Public Schools:
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Transportation Services Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. We believe that innovative transportation services, and caring drivers and paraprofessionals, are an extension of the school day and support learning outside of the classroom. We are passionate about providing safe school bus transportation to our student riders. A safe pleasant ride helps students start and end the school day on a positive note. This can have an enormous impact on a student’s attitude toward school. We all have a definite role in the safe operation of our school transportation system and we would love for you to be a part of the team!:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.