The Denver Museum of Nature & Science Experiences and Partnerships division is seeking an experienced manager to lead and support highly creative and talented 2D, 3D, and digital media professionals in the Design and Production team.
Responsibilities include building collaborative and positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, working with the Experiences and Partnerships leadership team to achieve goals for the division, assisting team with prioritization and sequencing of projects to meet demand and Museum goals, and advocating for and supervising nine direct reports.
Successful candidates will have an understanding of the process of design and production; ability to orchestrate the movements of a multi-faceted team consisting of 3D design, graphic design, printing and installation, video and animation production; and a working understanding of design and video processes and terminology.
Project and Budget Management
- Develops yearly project plans and budgets, aligning with department budgets
- Authorizes and manages expenditures and tracks budgets, ensuring on-budget delivery
- Solicits team members’ input in a timely manner and coordinates functions
- Establishes and ensures project goals and deadlines
- Manages staff, contractors, interns, and/or volunteers as needed
Functional Team Management
- Meets regularly with team members
- Assigns and monitors work flow ensuring all projects are on time and within budget
- Hires and manages staff and contractors
- Conducts ongoing performance reviews of team members, adhering to Museum policies
- Provides professional development opportunities for staff
Department Organization & Process
- Provides leadership to department to meet objectives for exhibitions and other products
- Collaborates with Experiences and Partnership managers, project managers, and directors
- Advocates for innovation in 2D and 3D design, production, digital media, and experience development and design
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or production; industrial, environmental, or exhibit design; other museum-related discipline; or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years’ experience in project management/coordination required.
- 5 years’ experience in developing, designing exhibits required.
- 3 years’ experience as a supervisor required.
- Some early, long, or late hours to meet deadlines required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
Ideal candidate will:
- Be a good listener, and learner
- Understand that your success is defined by the success of the people who work for you
- See and value your team’s contribution and participation in the success of the museum
- Able to problem-solve from a place of curiosity
- Build relationships and work across teams in a collaborative manner
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by July 27, 2019. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Perks of working at DMNS Include:
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
Paid vacation and sick time
Free DMNS Family Plus membership plus free admission to all Association of Science Technology Centers (ASTC) across the country
Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
Free RTD ECO pass
Alternative transportation (ECOmmute) rewards program
On-site activities (run club, yoga, Spanish language)
American Alliance of Museums Membership (AAM)
And many more!