The Global I&D Manager will work collaboratively to define internal inclusion and diversity (I&D) strategy, action plans, and goals and organizational benchmarks; design I&D initiatives, integrate and institutionalize I&D goals and benchmarks into organization’s overall strategy; develop I&D trainings to ensure behavior change; and work with HR and leadership to ensure successful implementation. The manager should be a strategic thinker, a change agent, a skilled presenter, an adept troubleshooter, and a persuasive influencer.
The manager reports to the America’s West I&D Leader and the Executive Team. This role will primarily focus on internal I&D initiatives and will also partner with the leadership to build relevant external relationships and goals concerning I&D.
Design and implement the individual action plans in coordination with the brand/region/function Executive Team, the Americas West HR Leader and other key stakeholders that align with the defined Global I&D strategy and its goals and milestones for several brands (Altra, Eagle Creek, JanSport, Kipling, Smartwool, etc.).
Serve as the lead point of contact for the coordination of Global Women’s Activation Council meetings and the coordination of all preparation discussions with key I&D champions.
Program Manager for Global Mentoring Program with dedicated focus to own, manage and drive program. Collect feedback (mid-point and end) as well as adjust program as needed. Proactively provide structure, support and tools to mentors/mentees for enhanced mentoring.
Program Manager for Global High Potential Sponsorship Program. Creates materials/ communications to support launch of pilot and expanded programs. Manage overall execution with guidance from Global Women’s Activation Council.
Partner with multiple HR teams to develop/update and implement a diversity recruitment and retention plan with a goal of increasing participation from all communities at all levels of the organization.
Work to grow VF’s external relationships and partnerships through the participation in organizations, councils, and the participation in surveys, studies, etc. to improve internal best practices and to bring new ideas into the organization.
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in business, workforce development or a related field.
- 1-5 years of progressive experience in managing large projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and consultative skills.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against a strategic plan
- High sense of urgency. Effective self-management and project management ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter that is eager to learn and able to influence others.
- Able to think intuitively, creatively, and strategically.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of business strategy.
- Project management experience, including:
- Sole ownership of distinct work streams for which he or she has ultimate ownership, and
- Ability to coordinate work and interaction of other team members.
- Demonstrated success in leveraging HR metrics to drive action planning
- Able to work collaboratively and proactively, while balancing a variety of priorities and workload.
- Able to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
- Capable of developing new knowledge and expert networks, both within and outside VF.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
Twisting, bending; sitting at a computer for extended hours; travel up to 30%