235 work days
Salary Range: $54,093-$65,593
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Administers and manages activities within a specific area of a responsibility. Serves as the subject matter expert and applies gained knowledge to execute, maintain and improve systems, programs, or processes.
Manages the design and implementation of high-quality processes for review, approval, and monitoring of the quality of professional development and leads related training and communications. Leads this work in service of supporting teachers and SSPs to improve or acquire skills focused on topics of student need, including closing the opportunity gap. In addition, collects data on professional learning across the district to ensure access for all teachers and SSPs and to inform strategy.
- Provides various support and conducts activities related to logistics, reporting, training, communications, and processes. Participates in the planning and implementation of new initiative.
- Assesses and troubleshoots escalated problems and applies expert understanding to resolve complex challenges of stakeholders; focuses on root cause identification in order to achieve systemic and sustainable improvement. Approves and documents exceptions for compliance record keeping and reporting.
- Ensures appropriate key stakeholder involvement in planning, goal-setting, and implementation to achieve buy-in of work products. Ensures purposeful, positive and professional interactions and relationships with all stakeholders; enables consistent application of work products across the district.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement, prioritizes, and recommends solutions to management. Implements approved enhancements to ensure consistency across the district. identifies opportunities to reduce costs; analyzes available data, trends, and feedback, and ensures compliance with expectations for optimal operation and goal achievement.
- Design and implement training for all facilitators of Professional Development Units (PDUs) to ensure effective preparation and understanding of expectations for leading a PDU.
- Work cross-functionally with content experts to ensure design of high leverage professional development focused on closing the opportunity gap.
- Design and implement clear, high-quality systems and processes for application, review, feedback, and approval for all proposed PDUs.
- Design and implement clear, high-quality systems and processes for monitoring the quality of implementation and outcomes for approved PDUs.
- Work cross-functionally with relevant teams, including Human Resources, to ensure appropriate documentation and processing related to professional development completion.
- Lead development and implementation of a system that ensures alignment to intended purpose and guidelines for PDUs and lead related communication and training for central support teams, schools, and individuals.- Manages collection of data on professional learning across the district to ensure access for all teachers and SSPs and to inform strategy.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in adult learning and in designing and implementing large-scale systems to ensure quality and consistency.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
- The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
- Work collaboratively with others on a team.
- Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment.
- Expert in adult learning and designing and implementing systems to ensure quality and consistency.
- Knowledge of research and resources related to closing the opportunity gap for students.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.