Job Summary: Under general direction maintains physical facilities at Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield. Assures that the environment is safe, clean and ensures a positive presentation for visitors, staff and public. Duties include, but are not limited to performing farm work, irrigation install and maintenance, mowing and trimming, landscape projects and assisting with public events.
Career Type: Full-time, Seasonal - This position will work weekends
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to read and understand instructions, simple diagrams and schematics. Must be able to read and understand toxin labels. Must have knowledge of machinery (mowers, trimmers, rototillers, hand tools and small engines). Three months experience in similar garden/facilities maintenance environment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform assigned tasks including, but not limited to mowing, trimming, pruning, general field work, irrigation installation and minor irrigation repairs.
- Operate various tools and equipment to include mowers, trimmers and blowers in a proficient, safe manor.
- Maintain working knowledge of maintenance, methods, materials and equipment, as well as safety regulations and precautions related to work performed.
- Performs assigned chores to include, but not limited to feed animals, collect eggs and clean their stalls, barn and coop, collect trash and monitor public restroom.
Other Job Duties:
- Assist in grounds keeping to include set up and tear down of equipment for special events.
- Participate with snow removal duties.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with managers, co-workers and others. Maintains a positive, helpful and solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members, visitors or others.
- Attend all meetings “on site” as required.
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested by management.