TRIO Upward Bound Tutor
Community College of Aurora
Salary: $0.00 Annually
Job Type: Part-time
Job Number: 3000
Location: 16000 East CentreTech Parkway Aurora, CO
Department: Academic Affairs
As a member of the Colorado Community College System (CCCS), the Community College of Aurora is dedicated to serving our surrounding community. As the most diverse institute of higher education in Colorado, CCA is currently the choice of school for nearly 11,400 students representing over 60 countries, the majority of whom are racially minoritized students (1.8% of CCA's students are American Indian/Alaskan Native, 8.7% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 20.2% are Black/African American, 30.9% are Latinx, and 32% are White). In 2016, CCA was designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). CCA's service area includes more than 680,000 residents in Arapahoe, Adams, and Denver counties, and its student population reflects the broad diversity of this area. The college offers more than 90 degrees and certificate programs for students seeking to enhance their current skill set, pursue employment, or transfer to a four-year college or university upon graduation.
The TRIO Upward Bound Program at Community College of Aurora is seeking tutors in math, science, and English to provide academic support to sixty (60) program participants attending Aurora West College Preparatory Academy.
The TRIO Upward Bound program is designed to help participants generate the academic skills and motivation necessary for success in post-secondary education. Participants are talented high school students who come from low-income backgrounds where neither parent has earned a bachelor's degree.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
• Provide individual and small group tutoring
• Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills
• Support the UB program with data collection/record keeping related to tutoring session attendance and academic progress
• Provide assistance reviewing class material and supporting test preparation
• Promote educational aspiration and performance
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
• Experience with, and commitment to, underrepresented, ethnically diverse youth, as well as expertise engaging both individuals and groups of students.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Fluent in English in writing, speaking, and reading
• Must have minimum of 45 credits with A's in the tutoring subject matter:
*Applicant must submit a copy of their unofficial transcript with application)
• Tutors must have reliable transportation to Aurora West College Preparatory Academy for tutoring sessions
Salary range: Salary is $12.32-$15.00 determined by education level and experience. This position is part-time and therefore is not benefit eligible. Tutors will be hired for a minimum of 3 hours to a maximum of 6 hours per week per tutor for the academic school year. Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu.By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.Notice to all Applicants:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
• CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
• For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the Student Right to Know page. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Community College of Aurora will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2134561
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.