Translation and Interpretation Instructor
Community College of Aurora
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Part-time
Job Number: 3020
Location: Denver, CO
Department: Academic Affairs
The Community College of Aurora is a dynamic institution that strives to serve its diverse student population through innovations in instruction and student support founded on principles of equity and inclusivity. Our Business Dept. is continually working to refine its pedagogy, practice, and assessment to improve outcomes for all students, particularly those with marginalized or minoritized identities. We are a department that values collaboration and experimentation, and we're looking for a colleague who shares these values.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for teaching courses in Translation and Interpretation and will work collaboratively with colleagues across the college, participating in advising, committee assignments, and other academic and institutional support activities; CCA is an institution that encourages instructors to be involved in service to the college, including service that contributes to institutional decision-making. The responsibilities of this position may include participating in the development and updating of curricula; actively engaging students; contributing to instructional planning and assessment; pursuing continued professional development in subject matter and instructional methods; supporting student activities, and supporting the department chair with administrative duties. Ultimately, the successful candidate will be a creative educator who values diversity, is committed to Inclusive Excellence, and works well in a collaborative environment.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
• Teach a variety of Translation and Interpretation courses, including consecutive and simultaneous interpretation
• Participate in development and implementation of course and program assessment
• Participate in innovations in Translation and Interpretation instruction that foster completion and retention for all student populations
• Engage in service to the college
• Participate in college-wide Inclusive Excellence initiatives
• Work collaboratively to ensure quality instruction across the program
• Collaborate in the design and implementation of enrollment optimization initiatives
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
• Hold a Masters, Bachelors, or Associate's degree in a field related to translation and interpretation (translation and interpretation, language, linguistics or applied linguistics)
• Hold a state or national industry certification in the area of interpretation
• 2,000 hours (if holding a Bachelor's degree or higher in the field or related area) or 4,000 (if holding an Associate's degree) of verifiable employment in translation and interpretation(non-teaching) within the last 7 years. Types of verification accepted: signed letters from employers stating employment dates and duties, income statements, or a Schedule C from Income Tax forms.
• Excellent soft skills and practices
• Excellent computer skills and ability to learn technologies quickly
• Availability to teach evening classes
• Previous teaching experience
• Hold a court or medical interpreter certification
• Previous experience in curriculum development for courses or professional development opportunities
• Extensive connections with industry stakeholders in Colorado
• Knowledge of lnclusive Excellence
• Experience with, and understanding of, diverse student populations
• Dedication to interactive, learner-centered teaching methods
• Knowledge of online LMS platforms (Desire2Learn, Canvas, Blackboard, etc.)
Position Information: Anticipated start date is Summer 2021.
Salary: Level 1 Instructors are paid at the rate starting at $849.00 per credit hour. This a part time and is not benefit eligible.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: A review of applications is anticipated to begin on February 22, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. This position will remain posted until the position is filled.
Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu.
By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
Notice to all Applicants:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
• CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the http://www.copera.org/.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
• For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the https://www.ccaurora.edu/mycca/dashboard/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Community College of Aurora will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
Community College of Aurora Inclusive Excellence Statement:
You matter. You are valued. You belong. CCA is a community that is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion through Inclusive Excellence. We can only achieve this together. CCA embraces Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our College community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement. Inclusive Excellence will provide a foundation for student and institutional success. Recognizing our diversity is only the first step toward Inclusive Excellence. We must also be intentional in valuing cultural differences and experiences, while incorporating them into practices, curricula, and policies.
Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2156096
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.