HSE College Navigator/Data Manager
Community College of Aurora
Salary: $28.00 Hourly
Job Type: Part-time
Job Number: 3010
Location: Denver, CO
The Community College of Aurora is recruiting for a part-time, 18 hour a week, HSE College Navigator/Data Manager position.
POSITION SUMMARY: As part of the Center for Adult Education, this position will work with students in CCA's high school equivalency (HSE) program who are interested in transitioning to programs at the College and will coordinate with CCA's Outreach and Recruitment department to ensure a smooth transition to college programs. This position will also maintain, track, and report on HSE program data and outcomes using various databases. The person hired for this position will have great attention to detail, experience working and manipulating databases, and strong communication skills.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Student Navigation
• Assist with HSE enrollments, including communicating with students about dates and testing and keeping track of enrollment records
• Work with students to set timelines and benchmarks for completion of HSE practice tests and GED tests
• Provide HSE students with information regarding college enrollment requirements and give student information to CCA's Outreach and Recruitment department
• Assist students with overcoming barriers and navigating transitions
• Incorporate the core principles of Inclusive Excellence in daily interactions and activities, and engage in the college's broader Inclusive Excellence efforts as appropriate
• Data Management
• Maintain and utilize data systems to create reports and track all students, including demographic data, assessment data, attendance, and employment outcomes
• Utilize online data management systems to track assessment data
• Assist with reporting to grantors and other entities as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Experience in Adult Education
• Familiarity with GED testing
• Strong familiarity with databases and reporting, specifically Salesforce
• Commitment to diversity and Inclusive Excellence
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Familiarity with GED Ready and GED Manager websites
• Familiarity with WIOA and career pathways
• Prior experience in higher education and/or workforce settings
• Experience working with second language learners
• Working knowledge of Spanish
Salary Range: This is a part-time 18 hours per week position and is not benefit eligible. Anticipated starting salary range is $28.00 an hour. This salary is non-negotiable and is based on departmental budget availability.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: An initial review of applications will begin on February 15 , 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu.
By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
Notice to all Applicants:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
• CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the http://www.copera.org/.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
• For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the https://www.ccaurora.edu/mycca/dashboard/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Community College of Aurora will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
Community College of Aurora Inclusive Excellence Statement:
You matter. You are valued. You belong. CCA is a community that is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion through Inclusive Excellence. We can only achieve this together. CCA embraces Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our College community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement. Inclusive Excellence will provide a foundation for student and institutional success. Recognizing our diversity is only the first step toward Inclusive Excellence. We must also be intentional in valuing cultural differences and experiences, while incorporating them into practices, curricula, and policies.
Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2139746
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.