Health Sciences Coordinator
Community College of Aurora
Salary: $43,645.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 00100
Location: 16000 East CentreTech Parkway, CO
Department: Academic Affairs
The Community College of Aurora is a dynamic institution that strives to serve its diverse staff and student population founded on principles of equity and inclusion. The college is seeking a full-time staff to support the development of Health Sciences programs in the Center for Health and STEM. This staff member will be responsible for developing an understanding of the local health services/health care needs to provide insight into potential development of new programs at CCA.
This is a full-time, grant funded position through June 2021. Continuation of the role through June 2022, will be contingent on FY22 grant funding.
As a member of the Colorado Community College System (CCCS), the Community College of Aurora is dedicated to serving our surrounding community. As the most diverse institute of higher education in Colorado, CCA is currently the choice of school for nearly 11,400 students representing over 60 countries, the majority of whom are racially minoritized students (1.8% of CCA's students are American Indian/Alaskan Native, 8.7% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 20.2% are Black/African American, 30.9% are Latinx, and 32% are White). In 2016, CCA was designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). CCA's service area includes more than 680,000 residents in Arapahoe, Adams, and Denver counties, and its student population reflects the broad diversity of this area. The college offers more than 90 degrees and certificate programs for students seeking to enhance their current skill set, pursue employment, or transfer to a four-year college or university upon graduation.
CCA serves this diverse student population through innovations in instruction and student support founded on principles of equity and inclusivity. is continually working to refine its pedagogy, practice, and assessment to improve outcomes for all students, particularly those with marginalized or minoritized identities. We are a department that values collaboration and experimentation, and we are looking for a colleague who shares these values.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Research Denver metro health care market to understand high demand occupations
• Understand what is in high demand
• Do analysis on skills and educational credentials required for high demand jobs
• Collect data from EMSI, labor stats, glass door and other labor stats
• Develop understanding of metro Denver community college health science offerings
• In conjunction wit director, prepare 2-3 new program proposals
• Support budget for new program development
• Develop materials to promote CCA programs and services to potential new industry partners
• Research strategic marketing plans to identify ways to apply to institutional Health Science program development
• Engage industry partners in understanding CCA programs and services
• Develop a bank of tutoring and support services and communicate out to students
• Ensure student engagement in testing preparation/refresher courses
• Support state/standardized testing processes to ensure test completion
• Assist students in registering for state exams
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Committed to creating an inclusive learning and work environment with an ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to effectively navigate relevant technology, including online databases, excel, etc.
• Demonstrates ability to collaborate effectively with students, faculty, staff, administrator, and employer stakeholders
• Organizational, time management, and planning skills
• Experience working in the health care/health sciences field
• Knowledge of relevant job markets in Colorado
• Experience working in higher education
• Familiarity with databases and reporting
Salary Range: Anticipated starting salary range is $43,645.00 This salary is non-negotiable and is determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: An initial review of applications will begin on February 5, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu.
By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
Notice to all Applicants:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
• CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the http://www.copera.org/.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
• For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the https://www.ccaurora.edu/mycca/dashboard/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Community College of Aurora will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2126783
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.