Computer & Digital Technology Chair
Community College of Aurora
Salary: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 00004
Location: 16000 East CentreTech Parkway, CO
Department: Academic Affairs
The Community College of Aurora is a dynamic institution that strives to serve its diverse student population through innovations in instruction and student support founded on principles of equity and inclusion.
As a member of the Colorado Community College System (CCCS), the Community College of Aurora is dedicated to serving our surrounding community. As the most diverse institute of higher education in Colorado, CCA is currently the choice of school for nearly 11,400 students representing over 60 countries, the majority of whom are racially minoritized students (1.8% of CCA's students are American Indian/Alaskan Native, 8.7% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 20.2% are Black/African American, 30.9% are Latinx, and 32% are White). In 2016, CCA was designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). CCA's service area includes more than 680,000 residents in Arapahoe, Adams, and Denver counties, and its student population reflects the broad diversity of this area. The college offers more than 90 degrees and certificate programs for students seeking to enhance their current skill set, pursue employment, or transfer to a four-year college or university upon graduation.
CCA serves this diverse student population through innovations in instruction and student support founded on principles of equity and inclusivity. is continually working to refine its pedagogy, practice, and assessment to improve outcomes for all students, particularly those with marginalized or minoritized identities. We are a department that values collaboration and experimentation, and we are looking for a colleague who shares these values.
The Five Tenets of Community College of Aurora Teachers
CCA instructors and faculty are committed to humanizing, valuing, and “empowering our students intellectually, socially, emotionally, and politically” (Ladson-Billings, 1994) and to teaching and supporting the whole student: heart, mind, and spirit, as we support them in developing the 4 C's: Cultural Competence, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Career & Transfer Readiness. We support students in developing critical consciousness in equity and social justice and in becoming agents of change by developing for ourselves this same critical consciousness and by being agents of change. To accomplish this, CCA educators are committed to engaging in a journey of professional development and teaching and learning trainings that culminate in a culture of instructional excellence and cultivates the following five practices: Student-Centered Learning through Inclusive Pedagogy; implementing Culturally Responsive and Culturally Relevant Teaching; Being Reflexive Practitioners; and employing Student Empowering Practices. (https://www.ccaurora.edu/programs-classes/instructional-intervention-support/philosophy-teaching-learning)
The Center of Health & STEM is seeking a qualified person to serve as Department Chair and faculty in the Chair in the Computer & Digital Technologies Department works under the leadership of and in collaboration with the Dean of Academic Affairs and Workforce Partnership.
The Chair leads, coordinates, supports, and collaborates with the department faculty and instructors in work and initiatives aimed at supporting the college vision, mission, and strategic plan. Importantly, the Chair shares a commitment to and exemplifies principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion in all work done within the department and as part of the college community.
The Chair also teaches twelve (12) credit hours per academic year in the department. The Chair maintains a commitment to high-quality instruction and the ongoing pursuit of excellence as described in the Five Tenets of Community College of Aurora Teachers to ensure the success of our diverse student population.
As a member of the CCA community, the Chair embraces and exemplifies the college values of respect, collaboration, quality, access, diversity, and inclusion when participating in a variety of institutional initiatives and activities, serving on committees, being a member of the Center Leadership Team, and representing the college, the center, and the department to assigned groups and tasks.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
The Department Chair provides excellent leadership and management in the following areas.
Leadership, Program Management, and Support
• Collaborate with faculty and instructors in the design and implementation of department plans that support the college mission, vision, strategic plan, and equity and inclusion goals
• Exemplify and maintain a positive climate of collaboration and inclusiveness inside and outside the department
• Foster a culture of academic excellence and culturally relevant pedagogy based on the Five Tenets of Community College of Aurora Teachers
• Mentor faculty and instructors for professional growth by offering professional development opportunities within the department, and encouraging and facilitating the attendance of those provided by the college and professional organizations
• Foster and support faculty and instructors in efforts oriented to closing the gap for historically underserved students
• Utilize department/program reviews to improve department operations and increase student achievement
• Use disaggregated qualitative and quantitative data to improve department programs, operations, and increase student achievement
• Implement an equity lens when performing teaching observations, coaching faculty and instructors, and performance evaluations
• Engage in and cultivate partnerships with external stakeholders as well as other academic departments and institutional units and offices
• Conduct regular program reviews according to college guidelines
• Monitor and implement statewide curriculum initiatives
• Lead course and program development as well as curriculum changes, working with the Curriculum Committee and the Director of Academic Support Services for a timely and accurate reflection in the college catalog
• Coordinate departmental promotion with the college Communications office, Outreach and Recruitment, and Pathway advisors
• Facilitate resources for the organization and offering of extracurricular events sponsored by the department and attend them
• Coordinate the offering and/or participation in professional development activities related to assessment of student learning
• Develop and submit accurate course schedules based on enrollment trends and program curricula
• Monitor course enrollment and open or close courses based on registration reports
• Develop and oversee operating budgets
• Approve and oversee concurrent enrollment instructors and courses
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervision, evaluation, training and hiring of faculty and instructors
• Leadership for programs within the department including revising and creating new programs
• Collaborate with faculty and staff on current CCA grants and grant outcomes
• Develop in conjunction with the Dean and VP of Workforce Development opportunities for students including apprenticeships, stackable credentials and accelerated programs
• Assessment of student learning outcomes
• Development of technology related partnerships and resources including development of advisory board
• Management of resources including department budget, grant funding and proposals
• Experience with GIS technology and knowledge of trends in the technology industry
• Experience working in a diverse college/community
• Community college teaching experience
• Community college administrative tasks
• Collaborate with center staff on credentialing and Perkins allocation
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
• A graduate degree from an accredited institution
• Two years administrative, managerial or supervisory experience
• Experience with curriculum and program development
• Experience and/or knowledge of Career and Technical Education programs
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
Demonstrated effectiveness in partnering with public and/or private entities and industry partners
• Understanding of the mission and purpose of a community college including equity minded practice and inclusive excellence
Anticipated Start Date: November 1, 2020
Salary Range: Anticipated salary range is 60's to 70's. The specific salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: An initial review of applications will begin on September 17th, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu
By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
Notice to all Applicants:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
• CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the http://www.copera.org/.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Community College of Aurora Inclusive Excellence Statement:
You matter. You are valued. You belong. CCA is a community that is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion through Inclusive Excellence. We can only achieve this together.
CCA embraces Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our College community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement. Inclusive Excellence will provide a foundation for student and institutional success.
For more information on CCA's commitment to Inclusive Excellence please visit https://www.ccaurora.edu/about-cca/inclusive-excellence.
CCA Mission: "The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment."
Vision: We aspire to be the college where every student succeeds.
Recognizing our diversity is only the first step toward Inclusive Excellence. We must also be intentional in valuing cultural differences and experiences, while incorporating them into practices, curricula, and policies. The CCA community will be transformed through the following actions:
Create an Inclusive Excellence plan
Incorporate evidence-based and inclusive teaching strategies and curricula in the classroom
Provide high quality, inclusive, and responsive programming and services outside the classroom
Assess and evaluate the practices, policies, and outcomes of the College for inclusiveness
Provide intentional faculty and staff professional development that focuses on the implementation of Inclusive Excellence
Communicate support and direction for Inclusive Excellence through institutional leaders
Identify, prioritize, and allocate resources that support Inclusive Excellence
Foster a climate for open dialogue
Facilitate Opportunities for cross-cultural interaction
According to the Association of American Colleges & Universities Inclusive Excellence is:
“…an active process through which colleges and universities achieve excellence in learning, teaching, student development, institutional functioning, and engagement in local and global communities” (AACU, 2016, para. 2).
References: Association of American Colleges & Universities. (2016). Making excellence inclusive. Retrieved from http://aacu.org/making-excellence-inclusive
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the https://www.ccaurora.edu/mycca/dashboard/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Community College of Aurora will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2095599
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.