Community College of Aurora
Salary: $43,645.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 0006
Location: 16000 East CentreTech Parkway, CO
Department: Student Affairs
The Community College of Aurora is a dynamic institution that strives to serve its diverse staff and student population founded on principles of equity and inclusion. The College Recruiter is a key member of the Center for Recruitment & Orientation. The College Recruiter will assist with all student recruitment initiatives including: college fairs, high school recruiting, college visit days, and many others. The successful candidate will represent the college both on and off campus to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations. The College Recruiter assists prospective students on the admission process and opportunities at the college. Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Recruitment & Orientation, the College Recruiter will assist in the promoting, delivering, and evaluation of New Student Orientation. Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruitment Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Advise and assist prospective students and their families in explanation of academic programs and admission requirements
• Provide information on college opportunities and admissions policies and procedures as well as activities.
• Provide information to prospects, applicants and students via telephone, email, website, drop-in visits and other strategies.
• Responds to all inquiries regarding Community College of Aurora programs.
• Represent the Center for Recruitment & Orientation at all recruiting events and activities.
• Ability to work independently to arrange information sessions, set appointments, and promote the college in a positive manner.
• Serves as the informational liaison between the prospective student and campus departments involved in student enrollment, including, but not limited to Financial Aid, Admissions, Registration and Records, Careers Services, Advising, and Academic Departments.
• Foster and develop relationships with district high schools and community organizations.
• Under the direction of the Director, assist in developing and implementing district-wide, campus based, and program specific marketing and recruitment strategies.
• Assist with the development of enrollment marketing publications and communications in collaboration with the Director, Center for Recruitment & Orientation and Communications & Marketing department.
• Plan and coordinate campus and district events such as information workshops, college visitations and tours, college fairs, community organization visits.
Orientation Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direction of the Assistant Director, deliver new student orientation programs.
• Evaluate and make recommendations for changes and improvements to the orientation program based on established best practices, includes both online and on-campus programs.
• Develop curriculum and scripts for presentations.
• Communicate with new students, and orientation campus partners under the guidance of the Assistant Director.
• Create a welcoming and engaging environment to integrate new students into the Community College of Aurora
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Associate's degree with experience working in higher education, community based organization, or closely related professional setting.
• The ability to travel regularly and to load and transport admissions material, displays and other recruiting equipment.
• Evening and weekend hours required.
• Strong public speaking skills and writing skills.
• Experience working with diverse student populations.
• Bachelor's degree in Student Affairs, Counseling, Psychology, or closely related field.
• Proficiency in Spanish (primarily verbal).
• Experience coordinating programs and related campus activities.
• Professional experience in an office of college admission, outreach, enrollment services, new student orientation, financial aid, or related field.
• Basic familiarity with Word, Excel and database software tools.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Experience working with New Student Orientation Programs.
Salary Range: Anticipated starting salary range is $ $43,645.00 This salary is non-negotiable and is determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: An initial review of applications will begin on December 18, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu.
By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
CCA Mission: "The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment. At CCA, the concepts of Inclusive Excellence provide a foundation for student and institutional success. We embrace Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our College community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement.
As a college, we are intentional in valuing cultural differences and experiences, while incorporating them into practices, curricula, and policies. If you share these values, we would be pleased to receive your application. For more detailed information on CCA's commitment to Inclusive Excellence please visit the https://www.ccaurora.edu/about-cca/inclusive-excellence.
Notice to all Applicants:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
• CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the http://www.copera.org/.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
• For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the https://www.ccaurora.edu/mycca/dashboard/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Community College of Aurora will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2095590
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.