Career Network Engagement Specialist
Community College of Aurora
Salary: $43,645.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 0010
Location: 16000 East CentreTech Parkway, CO
Department: Student Affairs
The Career Network Engagement Specialist will work with industry partners and students to promote student career success. The Specialist will focus on developing and strengthening critical industry sector partner throughout the Aurora and Denver metro area, with priority given to students in Career and Technical Education programs. The Specialist will work with community partners and business and industry leaders to secure career development opportunities for CCA CTE students. Using new and strengthened industry relationships, the Specialist will encourage and facilitate participation in department advisory board meetings to ensure CCA students have the best preparation possible to attain advancement into their chosen field.
The Specialist will work with students to support awareness and exploration of CTE programs by serving as a Career Advisor for undeclared students, guiding them in career and academic exploration using career assessment, career counseling, and planning to assist in career decision-making. The Specialist will work collaboratively with staff, department chairs, community members and industry partners to address the immediate and long-term career development needs of students as they pertain to employment. The Coordinator will also create and deliver programming to engage students in the career development process and explore transfer opportunities.
This position is grant-funded through June 2022 and contingent upon continued funding at that time.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establish, maintain and strengthen industry and employer relationships within CTE areas in the Denver/Aurora Metro area.
2. Partner with Academic Affairs and industry partners to develop opportunities for CCA students to participate in internships, undergraduate research, employer visits/tours, job shadowing, work experiences, career-related service learning and other experiential career exploration activities.
3. Collaborate with industry partners and team members to ensure students are prepared to identify and promote their skills and abilities as they relate to industry needs.
4. Assist undeclared students in career decision-making processes using rapport building, assessment, reflection, critical-thinking, and career development resources.
5. Collect and use pertinent data in decision-making and report regularly on program, service, accomplishments and challenges. Serve as SME for employment outlook for academic programming.
6. Conduct one-on-one and group sessions with students regarding career development processes and personal development.
7. Develop and facilitate programming to assist with student job readiness skill development including career exploration, networking, resume and cover letter writing, job/internship search strategies, and interviewing skills.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree
• Record of successful outreach to fulfill business/industry needs and develop strong employer partnerships.
• Experience working in career counseling, career advising, or workforce development.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, staff, administrator, and employer stakeholders.
• Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and planning skills.
• Commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment; ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
• Experience developing and promoting internship/experiential learning opportunities for students in a community college environment.
• Knowledge of job and internship markets in Colorado.
• Proficiency with career exploration resources and assessment tools.
• Experience working with students at a community college and familiarity with initiatives associated with student retention and completion.
• Experience developing, marketing, and implementing workshops and programs.
• Familiarity with databases and reporting.
Salary Range: Anticipated starting salary range is $ $43,645.00 This salary is non-negotiable and is determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: An initial review of applications will begin on December 18, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu.
By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
CCA Mission: "The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment. At CCA, the concepts of Inclusive Excellence provide a foundation for student and institutional success. We embrace Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our College community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement.
As a college, we are intentional in valuing cultural differences and experiences, while incorporating them into practices, curricula, and policies. If you share these values, we would be pleased to receive your application. For more detailed information on CCA's commitment to Inclusive Excellence please visit the https://www.ccaurora.edu/about-cca/inclusive-excellence.
Notice to all Applicants:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
• CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the http://www.copera.org/.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
• For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the https://www.ccaurora.edu/mycca/dashboard/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Community College of Aurora will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2095575
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.