American Sign Language Instructor
Community College of Aurora
Job Type: Part-time
Job Number: 00006
Location: 16000 East CentreTech Parkway, CO
Department: Academic Affairs
This position places a priority on candidates with the desire and ability to create a classroom culture that positively engages and impacts students, and the willingness and ability to actively engage in college, department, and program initiatives that support the college strategic plan. We are seeking talented candidates who value and support the college goals of improving student success and retention, increasing attainment rate and transfers, and closing the gap for underrepresented students.
The successful candidate is expected to participate in making classroom and work plan decisions, and to promote and engage in an environment of collaboration, support, and shared leadership of the college, department, and program.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop syllabi and course materials using culturally responsive pedagogy and adult learning theory
Knowledge of Deaf culture
Teach courses as assigned using a variety of modalities (i.e. online, face-to-face, and/or hybrid)
Evaluate student mastery of skills and competencies required by course outcomes
Actively participate in college, department and program initiatives (i.e. college-wide and program specific professional developments)
Collaborate in the assessment of student learning and the design of the program curriculum
Engage in reflective practice and a program study to ensure all students are achieving equally high outcomes, particularly regarding race and ethnicity
Design and implement necessary course adjustments to support college, department, and program goals
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
Graduate degree in American Sign Language or graduate degree in related field with 18 graduate credit hours in ASL
Experience teaching American Sign Language
Able to teach classes in multiple modalities (i.e. online, face-to-face, and hybrid)
Availability to teach evening and/or weekend classes
Ability to teach a variety of ASL courses
Excellent pedagogical and administrative skills and practices
Demonstrate interest and ability to engage and impact students, particularly students of color
Experience using D2L, Zoom, WebEx and/or other technological platforms
Online teaching experience
Experience teaching ASL to adult learners
Availability to teach in the summer
Higher Ed. teaching experience
Proven track record in developing and implementing new curricular activities that impact student success
Demonstrated interest in engaging and impacting underrepresented students
Salary range: Salary is determined by education level and experience. The salary is non-negotiable.Deadline to Submit Application Material: An initial review of applications will begin on December 1, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu.By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.Notice to all Applicants:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
• CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
• For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the Student Right to Know page. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Community College of Aurora will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2095565
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.