Academic Learning Coordinator
Community College of Aurora
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Part-time
Job Number: 00010
Location: 16000 East CentreTech Parkway, CO
Department: Student Affairs
The Community College of Aurora (CCA) is a dynamic institution that strives to serve its diverse student population through innovations in instruction and student support founded on principles of equity and inclusivity. The Community College of Aurora aspires to be the college where every student succeeds.
The Academic Learning Center (ALC) is seeking an innovative, inclusive, and engaging Academic Learning Coordinator that takes a holistic and student- centered approach to academic learning and support. The successful candidate will have strong writing expertise, learning assistance experience, program development and culturally-responsive and pedagogically sound instructional experience that intentionally supports student growth, development, and success.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
This position is a 30 hour per work position that specifically coordinates the academic learning services and assists with the management of the day-to-day operations of the Academic Learning Centers. The Academic Learning Centers provide math, writing, English as a Second Language (ESL) tutoring, technology support and additional learning support services on the CentreTech and Lowry campuses. This position collaborates across departments and disciplines to ensure equitable outcomes for CCA students.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate Writing and ESL tutoring, including hiring, training, and scheduling writing and ESL
• Assist with the oversight of the Academic Learning Center to include the CentreTech and Lowry locations. This may include program development and organization.
• Participate in CRLA certified training program, including co-leading workshops.
• Develop Supplemental Academic Instruction, assess program and writing services to collaboratively develop inclusive programming and support that is responsive to students.
• Develop programming through an equity-minded lens that incorporates diverse perspectives and draws on the individual strengths of students.
• Collect, analyze, and interpret quantitative and qualitative data and assist with performance reports as requested by the director.
• Collaboratively develop ALC marketing.
• Generate a scheduling system.
• Promote student success through engaging learning support services. This may include presenting workshops, delivering classroom presentations, providing directed learning activities, and/or the development of additional academic support.
• Participate in campus Inclusive Excellence training and events.
• Represent the Academic Learning Center at CCA functions such as orientation and outreach.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in the fields of social or behavioral sciences, liberal arts, or related field.
• Two or more years of experience in tutoring, advising, counseling, teaching, or providing academic learning assistance to students.
• One or more years of professional experience in K-12 or higher.
• Embrace an Inclusive Excellence framework in pedagogy, drawing on your experience and knowledge of diversity and inclusion.
• Previous experience developing and delivering workshops, instructional materials and/or training.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Strong supervisory skills.
• Detailed and organized, with the ability to develop multifaceted programs and manage complex operations.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher.
• Master's Degree in the fields of social or behavioral sciences, liberal arts, or related field.
• More than two years of college level/developmental writing tutoring experience.
• Two or more years of professional experience in higher education.
• Comprehensive understanding of the learning assistance.
• Previous managerial experience.
• Prior experience with assessment.
• Knowledge of content management systems, data-base management programs (such as EAB Navigate), learning management systems (such as Desire to Learn), Camtasia and/or Captivate, and Abode.
Salary Range: This position is a part-time 30 hour per week position and is benefit eligible. Anticipated starting salary range is $33,750.00-$36,750.00. This salary is non-negotiable and is determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: An initial review of applications will begin on December 14 , 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at mailto:HR@ccaurora.edu.
By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
Notice to all Applicants:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
• CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the http://www.copera.org/.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
• For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the https://www.ccaurora.edu/mycca/dashboard/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or mailto:Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Community College of Aurora will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at mailto:Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2095559
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.