Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $63,852 - $77,316
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for performing advanced technical analysis to solve business problems using advanced methods. Provides information that may inform the district on key decision-making for priorities and project work cross functionally. Administers updates to procedures, improvements, and reporting within district wide systems and platforms.
Provide district management and public and private sector audiences with actionable insights related to student enrollment to improve the performance of the district. The Senior Analyst will help establish and maintain relationships with senior district leadership up to and including the Superintendent’s direct reports, identify opportunities for analysis, establish research plans, review work, and present deliverables to internal and external clients.
- Researches, strategizes and applies analytical methods to solve complex problems related to student enrollment. Directs and develops research methodology used for enrollment projections nd forecasting. Analyze systems, programs, datasets and reports to enhance the efficacy of district programs, processes, procedures, goals and objectives. Create metrics, examine data, interpret findings and extract insights.
- Improves data storage practices, in order to optimize extract, analysis and delivery of content. Manages data collection and input process into systems; defines and creates queries; ensures reporting needs are documented and meet overall district objectives.
- Maintains proactive communication with key internal and external stakeholders; presents data and recommendations to practitioners, partners and district stakeholder in effort to reveal gaps and areas of improvement. Works closely with functional experts, provides mentorship and catalyzes strong collaboration among all resources involved.
- Clearly and concisely communicate analyses, including the willingness to manage up to senior levels and defend recommendations that may be received with apprehension from the client Serve as an expert on research methodologies and data structuring to solve complex problems.
- Leverage sophisticated analytic techniques and strategic thinking to provide actionable insights from complex data sets.
- Lead analysts in research and analysis efforts, providing guidance and training as needed.
- Maintain and deepen relationships with district leaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Six (6) to eight (8) years experience in participating in the planning, developing and managing of large, complex analytical that have delivered measurable results for the organization.
- Prefer two (2) years management experience, including coaching and developing entry level skills.
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, including demonstrated abilities with multiple regression analysis, scenario analysis and other data analysis tools.
- Familiarity with data analysis software like SPSS/ STATA.
- Keen understanding of uses and limitations of data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with particular ability to clearly and concisely present key data to executives to drive recommendations and decisions.
- Strong process orientation and proven capability to successfully design and implement cross-functional processes.
- Familiarity with SQL preferred. Additional programming experience is a plus.
- Experience and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) / Google Suite with emphasis in Sheets, Forms, and Docs.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years.
- Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills.
- The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
- Work collaboratively with others on a team.
- Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multicultural environment with district and school leaders, faculty, staff and students.
- High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
- High motivation, strong work-ethic and proactive attitude. Deep commitment to DPS core values of: Students First, Equity, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, and Fun, preferred.
- Very strong knowledge of/or interest in issues surrounding K-12 education. Strong, intrinsic motivation to improve the quality of education for our students, preferred.
- Demonstrated Ability to produce accurate analysis and recommendations under tight deadlines and high levels of public scrutiny, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of strategy development, planning and project management, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop very strong relationships with multiple stakeholders inside and outside the organization, preferred.
- Excellent judgment in developing and delivering solutions and messages, preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree or higher in statistics, mathematics, operations research, business, public policy or related field preferred.
The COO Office has a dynamic team of highly experienced people working to maintain the integrity of Denver Public Schools and the accountability of what we do as a team. We strive to meet all of the needs of our schools, Administrative buildings and constituents. The operations team encompasses Facilities, Enterprise Management, Transportation, Technology, School of Choice, Planning and Assessment, Safety and Security, Program Management, Operations Outreach and Engagement, Finance and Operations Support Services. We are the building blocks of the operations side of Denver Public Schools. We stand on our core values Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Collaboration, Fun and of course Students First. There are a lot of opportunities for anyone looking to work in an innovative, caring, and fast paced, growing entity. Come and check out Team DPS.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.