Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $76,841 - $90,000
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Accountable for leading and managing strategically focused, district wide technology projects. Influences district decision-making for priorities, support structures and resource allocation. Leads the execution, maintenance, projects' implementation, change management, and cross-functional alignment of workstreams. Primary emphasis on technical implementations, such as integrations, business information systems, infrastructure, and security.
Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and adheres to DPS’s and Program Management Office’s (PMO) methodology for the district (Business and IT communities).
Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, comply with high quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
- Researches, strategizes and defines program architecture, projects, priorities, activities and operational procedures to continually draw incremental benefits of the program, in alignment with governance requirements and the overall program goals and objectives. Remains knowledgeable of, plans for, communicates and coordinates regulatory compliance activities with school and other support services departments.
- Conducts discovery analysis, leads selection process, determines requirements, and identifies needs through review of current process, procedures, and standards. Establishes team, resources, formal plan and project schedule to ensure process success.
- Sets and manages project plan, including: tasks, activities, key deliverables and resources. Manages long and short term work plans and schedules to track progress; ensures milestone are attained; identifies, analyzes and mitigates project risks, solving for project 'road blocks'; assesses outcomes and lessons learned; provides timely and accurate project deliverables.
- Monitors and sets controls, throughout the lifecycle of the project. Ensures effectiveness and demonstrates outcomes beyond program establishment. Coordinates and tracks program expenditures and adjusts project activities, specifications, proposals, contracts and schedules to meet overall program objectives within budget. Assists, guides and advocates change enablement and process adoption.
- Establishes and cultivates relationships with key internal and external stakeholders; develops comprehensive communications strategies conveying information to ensure appropriate input and agreement to key decisions and program direction. Leads change initiatives; works closely with and influences project team members, provides mentorship and catalyzes strong collaboration among all resources involved.
- Assumes primary responsibility for project leadership and for facilitating completion and communication on all projects deliverables, including project charters, phase driven schedules, project timelines and milestones, status reporting, resource plans, budgets, etc.
- Develop and applies objective based change management strategies and communications plans to ensure stakeholders and team members are informed, bought-in, and support expected project outcomes.
- Provides regular, professional, and appropriate communications to project team members, department heads, business sponsors, and senior leadership. Proactively identify, track and resolve issues, risks and dependencies associated with projects managed, and communicate risks and issues to the project team and senior leadership. Identify and implement issue resolutions. Lead risk management identification and mitigation plans.
- Possess and demonstrate extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, facilitation skills, and change management techniques.
- Responsible for planning and managing key aspects of development and implementation of a holistic technology solution, including requirements definition, process re-engineering and design, vendor selection and vendor management, system design, testing, deployment.
- Responsible for partnering with organizational leaders to assess strategic goals and alignment on projects, defining and designing operational solutions, defining comprehensive change management strategies, managing the implementation and integration with operational departments, and establishing metrics of long term project success.
- Plan and manage multi-million dollar technology and/or business and operational budgets, including purchase and implementation costs.
- Works under direction of PMO Director or PMO Portfolio Manager. Responsible for the management of one or more medium to large-sized, moderately to highly complex projects.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Five (5) or more years’ direct project management experience in work planning, estimating/budgeting, resource planning, risk assessment, expectation management, scope and issue management with complex business and IT projects.
- Experience working with a Project Management Office (PMO), using program and project processes and methodologies, and implementing processes and projects across multiple levels of the organization.
- Previous IT and/or business management consulting experience preferred.
- Ability to assess appropriate priorities and organize workload on multiple assignments.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products and/or Project Management Software (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Communicate diplomatically, persuasively, effective oral, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a credible and confident manner at all levels in the organization, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals, establish priorities, and organize resources.
- Ability to provide creative, solution-oriented support to complex situations.
- Ability to influence large, cross-functional teams without direct reporting responsibility.
- Ability to work with and enable decision making at various levels of management throughout the organization.
- Ability to translate customer needs into strategy, technology, and process solutions .
- Systems implementation project experience including requirements gathering, system vendor selection, functional and technical solution design, business process design and workflow, testing and user acceptance, deployment, and organizational change management and communications.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage several projects in parallel.
- Stakeholder/sponsor management.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Experience successfully managing several transformative projects from conception through implementation.
- Understands, develops, and applies organizational change management strategies.
- Strong command of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and Google enterprise solutions.
- Experience with EPM (“enterprise project management”) solutions a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills.
- A team player that has the ability to motivate the team and drive to project success.
- Interest in education.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.