ASSESSMENT, REPORTING, & DATA SUPPORT (AR&D)
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $63,852- $77,316
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Collaborating with teams inside and outside of the department, the Senior Data Analyst supports the data and reporting needs of Denver Public Schools. The Senior Data Analyst optimizes data usability by working across AR&D teams to ensure data integrity and validity. With an emphasis on efficiency and accuracy, the Senior Data Analyst is responsible for coordinating and validating critical data management processes, data elements critical for reporting and data delivery systems, and producing documentation of key business rules for data loading. In addition, the Senior Data Analyst is responsible for quickly and efficiently fulfilling data requests from within and outside of the department, working to integrate various district data systems and providing other support for key departmental needs.
Work frequently includes writing queries to pull data, maintaining databases, documenting logic for data extraction, and guiding the creation of reporting datasets in order to streamline the department's analyses and reports. The Senior Data Analyst contributes to designing, implementing and documenting effective data processes within the Department and between AR&D and other departments. The Senior Data Analyst performs regular data loads, conducts student biographical data submissions with the state, supports assessment rostering and accommodations, provides technical support to other department teams, and develops and executes processes to load both vendor- and State-supplied assessment data into department databases, as well as documenting such load processes.
- Assist ARE database administrator in analyzing ARE data usage and improving data storage, documentation, reporting views, and data accuracy.
- Support the department’s efforts to produce reports for various assessments (CMAS, ACT, surveys, etc.), through the facilitation of data extraction processes, along with developing, documenting, and validating data elements and processes for AR&D needs.
- Assist research projects by recommending data sources, cleaning data, and compiling data files.
- Conduct processes for state submissions that AR&D is responsible for, including the preparation for submissions (e.g., reviewing documentation on state websites) and documentation of business rules for State submissions.
- Validate data loads from external assessment vendor systems (e.g., READ Act vendors), and state systems (e.g., CMAS), as well as document business rules and automation processes.
- Provide technical and analytic support for department as needed.
- Perform data extraction to fulfill internal and external data requests.
- Co-develop, define, and validate reporting views of assessment data and coordinate delivery to Portals Analyst and BI/DoTS.
- Facilitate critical support processes for other department teams, such as rostering for assessments, data cleaning, etc..
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Strong background in data manipulation.
- Extensive experience in working with relational databases.
- Extensive experience with query and data import/export functionality.
- Three to five years of experience in performing similar tasks.
- Proficiency in accessing and manipulating data as well as fluency with one or more of the following applications: MS Access, Microsoft SQL Server Data Definition Language (DDL) and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Proficiency in formula/expression writing in MS Excel and MS ACCESS.
- Report skills using MS Access, SQL MS Excel, Server Reporting Services, Excel Services, etc..
- Ability to discuss issues at a technical and non-technical level with programmers and project stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail required, ability to prioritize diverse work assignment in a timely and accurate manner.
- A demonstrated customer-service orientation and positive attitude.
- Handle confidential information with a high degree of integrity.
- Communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting techniques to isolate, diagnose and repair data defects.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with assigned client groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or social sciences.
- Master’s degree preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.