ASSESSMENT, REPORTING AND DATA SUPPORT (AR&D)
187 work days per year
Salary: See DCTA Teacher Salary Schedule at http://careers.dpsk12.org/teachercomp/compensation-your-first-year/.
Subjects and Grades:
Mathematics - 3rd-5th Grades
Perform a variety of professional, technical and administrative tasks in developing and administering high quality assessments and correlating resources, including Student Learning Objectives (SLOs). Interpret public school rules, laws and policies regarding assessment. Train school personnel in proper administration and creation of common assessments, analysis of data and SLOs. Interpret changes to the DPS curriculum and Colorado standards ensuring assessments, resources and SLOs are aligned, and informing teachers and principals of the implications of these changes. Experience with Illuminate preferred.
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The Teacher on Special Assignment is a licensed Teacher serving as directed in a special assignment. Consults with school administrators, and school staff members to assist schools regarding programs. May provide staff development to achieve district and departmental goals. Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications: Must possess a current Colorado Teacher or Special Service Provider license depending on the assignment. A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible related work experience. Experience with training in assessment, consultation, literacy, math, and staff development. Experience in leadership role in collaborative settings. Experience working with diverse families, community groups, and staff.
Please enter all of your education, licensure, and endorsements on your profile before submitting an application for this position. Candidates without a complete profile will not be considered. If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
Education equivalent experience:
* Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
At least one of the following types of licensure is required:
If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
* Teacher: Initial Teacher License
* Teacher: Professional Teacher License
* Teacher: Alternative Teacher License (One Year)
* Teacher: Alternative Teacher License (Two Year)
* Special Service Initial License
* Special Service Professional License
About Assessment, Reporting and Data Support (AR&D):
From former classroom teachers to research analysts, we are a diverse team working to support positive academic outcomes and equity for all students. Some team members serve as a district resource for developing and administering district and state assessments in a multitude of content areas in both English and Spanish. Others analyze and report data, including data to help identify opportunity gaps among historically underserved students. Others focus on research and evaluation designed to impact district strategy, often with an explicit focus on issues of disproportionality. No matter the role, every member of AR&D is committed to providing information and resources that support school leaders, teachers and families in helping every student succeed regardless of their neighborhood or background. Supported by a strong team culture, we take advantage of the work-life balance, generous time off and professional learning opportunities offered by the district as well as all the perks available from working in a thriving city adjacent to the beautiful Rockies.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.