215 work days
Salary Range: $62,838- $76,042
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for aligning business objectives to designated departments and functions. Consults with leadership and supports district activities which engage schools, businesses, community leaders and organizations in a collaborative effort to improve performance and achieve team goals.
Responsible for supporting a region with the planning and progress monitoring of school and regional improvement plans with a goal to sustain improvements and ensure all students achieve academic and whole child success. Builds capacity of school-based instructional leadership teams and supports individual leader development within a region of schools to effectively find, grow, retain and magnify instructional talent, and to develop effective distributed leadership models.
- Provides guidance, makes recommendations, and manages solutions for alternate methods of solving needs or issues within departments. Represents the district in meetings; provides market and customer feedback to partners and management teams. Forms strategic relationships within the community and district network. Builds trusted relationships with customers and key stakeholders by communicating needs and creating synergy.
- Conducts onsite research, administers studies, evaluates survey results, analyzes and reports on initiatives and goals. Identifies and defines problems within internal departments and determines solutions to inform, influence, and propel solutions. Obtains and analyzes data to discover useful information and recommend solutions for the district. Participates in and supports decision-making processes with the goal of determining success criteria.
- Ensures adequate lines of communication by conducting meetings, advocating for clients, following up, and negotiating to enhance team partnerships. Maintains communication with partners and clients on relevant topics including new service or product offerings, strategic plans, and beneficial activities. Follows up on leads and inquiries obtained by partners that compliment and support the business.
- Provides management teams the opportunity to achieve specific personal or professional goals by providing training and guidance. Develops and conducts trainings for managers, such as facilitation, conflict resolution, interpersonal communication, and effective group interaction skills. Assigns individuals for valuable job-related skills training to improve work performance.
- Support regional and school improvement root cause analysis, planning, and progress monitoring; ensure improvement plans and monitoring meet district and state quality requirements.
- Act as a liaison between central departments and school regarding barriers facing schools in implementation of their improvement plans, data and reporting systems needs, customer service needs, and communication of important school improvement related policies and updates from central office.
- Support the Regional Superintendent in developing and delivering regional improvement strategies, including planning meetings and professional learning, assembling data and reporting for school-based meetings, and gathering evidence of progress on improvement priorities.
- Working with the Regional Superintendent, lead the regional strategy for leader development, including training and coaching for instructional leadership teams focused on leading for instructional excellence and strategic talent management.
- In partnership with the Regional Superintendent, support the training and coaching of principals around effective distributive leadership practices and management of people and teams.
- Collaborate with the Teacher & Leader Learning Team to provide regional and school insights to inform district leadership development strategies, and to coordinate design and delivery of both central and regional learning and resources for leader development.
- Provide on-site support to schools prioritized by need to assist school leaders in the development of systems for data driven instruction, attendance, behavior and other student success (whole child) initiatives.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- 5+ in both teaching and some level of school leadership experience is required.
- Work collaboratively with others on a team.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with district and school leaders, faculty, staff and students.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
- High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
- Ability to effectively facilitate large groups of adult learners.
- Deep knowledge of best practices in leadership and teams, expertise in equity, inclusion and culturally responsive education, and expertise in adult learning best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.