If you are not currently a DPS teacher you must first apply to the general teaching position and complete the DPS Central Teacher Screening process before applying to teach at a specific school. If you have not completed this process you will find the Apply Now button above is not available. Candidates who are not current DPS employees may apply to the general teaching position here: http://tinyurl.com/y9rnsyjg. Current DPS employees will find the general teaching position listed under the Hot Jobs section of Opportunities.
BRUCE RANDOLPH SCHOOL MS
Traditional 187 work days per year - DCTA
Salary: See DCTA Teacher Salary Schedule at http://careers.dpsk12.org/teachercomp/compensation-your-first-year/.
Subjects and Grades:
* Grade 09 - Ninth
* Grade 10 - Tenth
* Grade 11 - Eleventh
* Grade 12 - Twelfth
* Multi-Intensive (MI) Center Program
* ELA-E (BILINGUAL PREFERRED)
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The Special Education Center Program Teacher teaches a self-contained classroom for students whose educational needs center on development of functional academics and adaptive behavior skills. Emphasizes skill development in basic skills, concepts, recreation, leisure, community, vocational and domestic by infusing motor, communication and social skills. Assesses and develops inclusive settings to support educational, behavioral, social-emotional, physical, daily living needs of students in school and community. Monitors, supervises, coordinates and enforces rule of conduct and behavior for assigned students, and reinforces positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy. Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health. Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
Must possess a current Colorado Department of Education Teachers License with endorsement in Special Education Generalist or Special Education Specialist. Previous experience working with young special needs students and their parents preferred.
Multi-Intensive (MI) Center Program Job Description
- Provides instruction and services in a self-contained classroom for students who need more time for specialized instruction. This may include the teaching of general academics, functional academics, behavioral skills, social skills, and daily living skills. Collaborates with general education staff for the successful inclusion of students.
ELA-E Job Description
- Provides instruction to linguistically diverse students in English only.
Please enter all of your education, licensure, and endorsements on your profile before submitting an application for this position. Candidates without a complete profile will not be considered. If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
* Bachelor's degree in Education or related field.
At least one of the following types of licensure is required:
If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
* Teacher: Initial Teacher License
* Teacher: Professional Teacher License
* Teacher: Alternative Teacher License (One Year)
* Teacher: Alternative Teacher License (Two Year)
At least one of the following endorsements or certifications is required in each subject area for this position:
* Special Education, Specialist ages 5-21 - Endorsement
* Special Education, Generalist ages 5-21 - Endorsement
* Special Education Educable Mentally Handicapped-Endorsement
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.