Job Summary: Assist the Member and Resource Center Manager and fellow Assistant Managers in overseeing the daily Membership and Visitor Services operations. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to participating in training, hiring and evaluating staff and volunteers, creation of policies and procedures, problem resolution, data management and cleanliness, membership sales and renewals and in a fast-paced, high volume, team environment focusing on sales and customer service. The Member and Resource Center Assistant Manager is responsible for management and supervisory duties in absence of the Member and Resource Center Manager.
Career Type: Full-time
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in a museum/cultural environment or similar type organization preferred. Must have strong leadership skills, and have experience with successfully motivating and training personnel. Must be detail oriented and flexible. Must possess excellent customer service skills and written, spoken communication skills and strong analytical skills. Strong computer skills in Windows-based applications, retail POS software management and Raiser’s Edge and ATMS software preferred. Position may require working evenings and weekends as necessary.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform supervisory duties including, but not limited to -
- Oversee data management of ATMS and Raiser’s Edge.
- Conduct morning huddles with staff and volunteers.
- Ensure all calls, email and voicemails are responded to in a timely manner.
- Oversee daily membership duties and responsibilities.
- Perform management and supervisory duties in the Visitor Center, Resource Center or Membership in absence of the Assistant Manager or Manager who typically works in those areas.
- Supervises staff to ensure customer services expectations and DBG policies and procedures is consistently met.
- Train, hire and evaluate new staff.
- Perform Raiser's Edge gift adjustments as needed.
- Create streamlined, innovative and successful policies and procedures.
- Operate Member and Visitor Services with an expectation of outstanding customer service from Member and Visitor Services personnel and Ambassador volunteers.
- Coordinate necessary staffing for regular daytime admissions as well as special events, educational programs as needed.
- Ensure compliance of all DBG and Operating Policies and Procedures. Set, communicate and ensure compliance with policies for reports, customer service, cash handling, refunds, and admissions opening and closing.
Other Job Duties:
- Maintain regular admissions hours, as well as operate during special events, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Resolve customer service issues.
- Act as a positive role model for the Member and Visitor Services team and Denver Botanic Gardens.
- Work with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all DBG visitors throughout the Gardens.
- Proactively seeks to be knowledgeable about all DBG horticulture, exhibits, programs and events to reflect the experience and brand at the Gardens.
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested by management.
Benefits: benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
To apply click the link: