CONTRACT SPECIALIST - ELECTRICAL DEPARTMENT
Traditional 235 work days - PROTECH/ADMIN
Salary Range: $55,174- $66,905
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Under the direction of the Manager of the Electrical Department, the Technician position will assist the Manager of the Electrical Shop to plan, organize, execute and supervise multiple inspection contracts as deemed necessary by the Department Manager.
- Reviews complex solicitations and prepares a specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications.
- May also prepare requests for proposals (RFPs). Analyzes significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms, and conditions to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and corporate policies and department procedures.
- Provides contractual guidance to business team members for appropriate Statement of Work. Manages contract change control process.
- Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on contractual issues.
- Analyzes new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- May assist in new business pursuit and associated contract strategy.
- Assists in identification, development, and implementation of new contract policies and procedures.
- Establish good communication on contract compliance and potential issues between the central procurement office and customer departments before, during, and after the contract has been awarded and signed.
- Assess contract risks before a contract is executed and monitoring those risks throughout the contract term.
- Ongoing Maintenance for the Duration of the Contract: The contract manager needs to ensure that all elements and planning tools that will guide or monitor the contract are in place before execution.
- Monitoring Contractor Performance, Documentation, and Record-keeping: Monitoring contract performance is a key function of contract administration to ensure performance compliance by all parties.
- Collaboration with Denver Fire Department and Denver Water Department including local Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication to stakeholders.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Three (3) or more years of related experience is required, including demonstrated experience in coordination of projects, coordination of policies and procedures, flow of information, and budgeting.
- Three (3) years of experience in overall management of construction, scheduling and cost control.
- Position requires skills and abilities in computer software applications, including Word, Excel, databases, email, project management, internet, and other various spreadsheets.
- Requires ability to work tight schedules and periodic high pressure situations.
- Ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contract tracking documents.
- Working to expert knowledge of contracting concepts.
- Strong to excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Good presentation, leadership and team-building skills.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to the resolution of contract issues.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills.
- Clean driving record with Denver Public School insurability requirements to utilize District vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent combination of experience and/or education is required.
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Maintenance Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. Maintenance employees have clearly defined promotional opportunities at all levels and our supervisors will help you work toward your career goals. We need great people that want to help create a safe, welcoming environment that makes an impact on student learning. If you like problem solving and working with your hands, you may be a perfect fit!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.