Job Summary: Under general direction of the CSA Farm Manager, this position works in all aspects of small-scale sustainable food production. Job includes but is not limited to: planting, mulching, weeding, watering, seeding, trellising, harvesting and other on-going tasks associated with vegetable production.
This position will be from April - November 2019
Career Type: Full-time, Seasonal
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to read and understand instructions, simple diagrams and schematics. Must possess valid Colorado Drivers License. Must have some working knowledge of machinery (mowers, trimmers roto-tillers, and small engines). Three months experience in similar production agriculture environment desired. Must be familiar with use of hand held tools
.Essential Job Duties:
- Conducts routine maintenance of CSA vegetable gardens at DBG Chatfield to reflect a high degree of horticultural care.
- Harvests and processes vegetables for pick up by subscribers.
- Performs horticultural care and maintenance work such as watering, weeding, trimming, pruning, dead-heading and minor repair of garden irrigation systems.
- Manages both small and large groups of volunteers on a regular basis
Other Job Duties:
- Helps keep regular records of CSA crops.
- Assists with weekly CSA produce distributions to members
- Applies Integrated Pest Management techniques when required
- Assists with preparation and presentation of pumpkin festival, corn maze, concerts, movies and other special events.
- Works with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield visitors.
- Provides courteous, accurate responses to inquiries from management, co-workers, volunteers, members and visitors.
- Maintains satisfactory working relationships with managers, co-workers and others.
- Maintains a positive, helpful and solution oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.